Question of the Day: Sunday, November 20

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I would love to travel to a number of places, but I am no longer able to walk through airports. Airports sometimes provide trams, but it's a big hassle. And I've got two cats. Getting someone to feed and scoop is difficult.
We'd have to close the business, which would be bad for the customers and bad for our employees. But even if we did that, we have a huge number of pets ourselves and would have to hire someone we trust to look after them all. I think my travels will stay local. (Plus, I knew several people who got stranded out of the country when Covid really took off in March 2020, I would not want to chance that!)

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
no more trips unless i can find a person to stay at my place to take care of graycie
I feel the same way about Austin and Cricket. When I did travel home to visit family once a year, I travelled alone and husband stayed here. When he went to his niece's wedding, and had various things to take care of when his mother died, he went alone. Even when my mother passed, I went alone. When husband started having health issues several years ago, that put a stop to my travels, for which I am very very sad.

As far as travelling to other destinations, it was a lot of fun when I was younger and we had no cats to worry about. One place I would like to visit is Nova Scotia where a lot of my ancestors came from. Or New Iberia, LA, same reason.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm not really into traveling .. I was, in a big way, when I was younger. Now I just hang out here and make a yearly visit down to Tasmania to look after my brother, who seems to keep needing surgery on bits of himself. This February it's 'the other knee' (the first one was last February). I'm happy to do it as I escape the torturous humidity here that is only going to get worse.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I miss traveling too, with my family. If given the chance I'd go now with my fam to South Korea, Vietnam or to Italy or Spain. The last international travel we did was in Taiwan, 3 years ago. Lovely country, lovely people and such good food.