Question of the Day: Sunday, May 18

raquelmaria15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

I live in jeans and sweatshirts in the winter and go all out with switching to T-shirts in the summer. I haven't worn shorts for 30 years now, my legs are too knobby and full of spider veins. When I see all the women who SHOULDN'T be wearing shorts, I'm glad I wear jeans. They always say, I don't care I want to be comfortable, but they sure make the rest of us sick to our stomachs! PLEASE, not in public!
I don't think this is fair at all. You can have your opinions, but they have the right to wear what they want and what's comfortable. They don't need to make themselves uncomfortable just to please other people that don't matter. Being judgmental is uglier than having physical imperfections. 

raquelmaria15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There is special scar makeup which apparently covers them completely and tanning lotion should help. Try not to worry about your scars. If people stare let them just lift up your chin and ignore ignorant people.
thank you! you're wonderful and I really appreciate these kinds of messages 

tashd

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, I agree with RaquelMaria15, I mean unless we're talking about 'People of Walmart.com' (lol), you don't have to be perfect to expose some skin. I used to have fantastic legs, flawless and toned, well they ain't that way anymore (!) and I'm never going to be that 20-30 year old again, but I really don't want society to dictate what I should wear or shun me for it. Hey, I know that there is a fine line between tasteful (or not), but I say flaunt those knobbly knees and spider vein legs that you have (as do I), and be grateful for what we have and to be here :) 

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
in the warm weather i always go for comfort (over style). it's in-between weather here right now, still slightly cool some days and relatively cold at night. we're still using the wood burning stove to take the chill out of the house -- but the furnace hasn't cycled on in weeks (whoo-hooo!). so i'm wearing lightweight cotton shorts and a short-sleeved cotton top. i'm still wearing socks and winter slippers most days, though will switch to flip flops soon enough.

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yes, I agree with RaquelMaria15, I mean unless we're talking about 'People of Walmart.com' (lol), you don't have to be perfect to expose some skin. I used to have fantastic legs, flawless and toned, well they ain't that way anymore (!) and I'm never going to be that 20-30 year old again, but I really don't want society to dictate what I should wear or shun me for it. Hey, I know that there is a fine line between tasteful (or not), but I say flaunt those knobbly knees and spider vein legs that you have (as do I), and be grateful for what we have and to be here :) 
LOL, People of Walmart...

And really, what does it matter? It all comes down to the fact that if people don't want to see it, they don't have to look. Last summer I went makeupless in a bikini to a beach day with a bunch of high school classmates and friends. I've got stretchmarks on both sides of my hips, and for my frame, I've got some tummy chub too, and some hyperpigmentation on my upper thighs, a scar on my leg, my leg hair grows quickly so by the end of day I've got stubble, I often have bruises on my legs from bumping or scraping by things, and my pores are pretty big. I used to never wear shorts because I grew up with eczema on the backs of my knees and inside of my elbows, so when the open skin finally healed and I took better care of it, those areas wound up hyperpigmented darker than the rest of my skin.

I think you get to an age and a mindset where it doesn't matter anymore. It's all you! The only thing stopping you from wearing what you want is what's in your head. Nuts to other people!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

I live in jeans and sweatshirts in the winter and go all out with switching to T-shirts in the summer. 
I live in jeans, too. I always say that when I dress up, I wear black jeans instead of blue ones.  
    I wear about the same kind of clothes year round, we don't really have big changes in seasons here.  When it's warm, I switch to flip flops instead of regular shoes. 

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, if someone doesn't want to see something, they don't have to look. Nobody should feel like they have to be ashamed of their body.

I wear jeans and sweatshirts with hiking boots in the winter, shorts and t-shirts with sandals in the summer. I only wear dresses/skirts when I "have to" (religious stuff, weddings, funerals, etc.), I nevernever wear them on my own time. Ugh, I do NOT like skirts and dresses. When I do wear dressy clothes, I only wear sandals or flats (or non-heeled boots in the winter)---heels and I do not get along.

I don't like flip-flops, or any sandals with straps between my toes. Slides are OK but mostly I like clunky sandals with lots of straps :lol3:.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love dressing up. I'm hoping I get a job for which I can dress up each day. I have some Calvin Klein businesswear that my university gave me money to purchase. I love it. The shoes are not very comfortable, though! I'm not a fan of heels. I wear flip flops in summer and flat boots in the winter. Tennis shoes if the weather requires it or I'm going to work out (and HA! that rarely happens). 

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I live in jeans, too. I always say that when I dress up, I wear black jeans instead of blue ones.  
    I wear about the same kind of clothes year round, we don't really have big changes in seasons here.  When it's warm, I switch to flip flops instead of regular shoes. 
That is SO funny, 'cause I do the same thing,  
   black jeans are my black dress I guess!