Question of the Day: Sunday, May 18

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now that warm weather is here (at least where I am), how is your wardrobe changing? 

I wear a lot of skirts in warm weather, and flip flops almost exclusively, though I have some really cute ones. When not in skirts, it's usually skinny jeans or capris and a simple tee-shirt. I go for comfort.

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had warm weather once. It only lasted a couple days, but it was pretty nice! ;)

When summer hits full on though and it goes from cold to sweltering, I end up in shorts, loose t-shirts or tank tops, and flats or sometimes runners depending on where I'm going and what I'm doing/how I get there. And covered in sunscreen. *sigh* I have quite a few skirts too, but for the height they are, I think I might be outgrowing them since I bought them as a teen. Being in a bigger city and spending more time on public transit or walking rather than driving in my own car makes a difference too.

tashd

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Catch 22 for me, I want to wear shorts (Bermuda length) but my legs are too white and don't look like they used to! But a 'little' bit of sun would make them look better, so skinny jeans, Capri ' s and maxi dresses it is for me.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
-Summer dresses! I heart summer dresses.

-Shorts 

-Skirts

-Capris 

For tops: Anything comfy while being colourful, light and cute. Or flowy. And of course the occasional casual tshirt, especially for around the house.

For shoes: flip flops, sandals, sometimes sneakers. I don't like wearing flats anymore, they tend to hurt my feet.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now, whatever fits is what I am wearing. I'm 18 weeks pregnant and I don't have much summer clothes yet. I have a pair of stretchy shorts I wear when it's warmer and I have a few tank tops. Otherwise, I am usually wearing either yoga pants or maternity jeans with a t-shirt.

raquelmaria15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I really love wearing shorts, skirts, and tank tops in the summer. However, I'm worried about this summer because (trigger warning self-harm) I have scars on my arm and thighs. I'm sorry, I don't know if that's appropriate for these forums. But yeah, I'm already starting to feel upset wearing more summer clothing and feeling like everyone is judging me.

Oh wow, and another problem I'm going to have is that I've gained a lot of weight since last summer, so I doubt I'll even fit in any of my shorts.

tashd

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Raquel I have scars all over, hey and cellulite to boot. I find sunscreen is the most important and then find a body cream with a little bit of color. I hear that jergens bb body cream is good. Above all else wear what makes you feel happy and comfortable. Hope you are getting the assistance that you might need :)

raquelmaria15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Raquel I have scars all over, hey and cellulite to boot. I find sunscreen is the most important and then find a body cream with a little bit of color. I hear that jergens bb body cream is good. Above all else wear what makes you feel happy and comfortable. Hope you are getting the assistance that you might need
thank you so so much, that's really encouraging. wearing what's comfortable is pretty much what I'm sticking to now, I just get insecure sometimes. and yes, I'm getting the help I need. again, thanks I really appreciate the care 

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our weather is changing to cold although we have been having gorgeous warm autumn weather. I wear gym clothes pretty much everyday. I used to think other people looked ridiculous in the supermarket in exercise leggings but now I do it myself. They are just so comfortable and I can't be bothered changing out of them unless I am stinky. Otherwise I wear jeans and a t shirt. Then as it gets colder I will add extra layers.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Capris, t-shirts or tanks and sandals for me!  I don't like my legs in shorts since I've gained weight.  I'm struggling with finding a dress for my cousin's summer wedding.  I really don't understand why they are making plus size dresses so short this year!! 

I usually love sandal season!  Shoes just feel too restrictive and hot!  But I can't seem to wear flip-flops anymore or the tops of my feet hurt.  Last summer my son dropped a toy on my foot and it hurt for a few months!  I noticed my croc flip flops (which I loved!) exacerbated it.  Now both feet seem to hurt with them on. 
  I've been wearing my normal crocs out in the garden.  So far I'm tanning but I don't look too funny at the foot from it! 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
-Summer dresses! I heart summer dresses.

-Shorts 

-Skirts

-Capris 

For tops: Anything comfy while being colourful, light and cute. Or flowy. And of course the occasional casual tshirt, especially for around the house.

For shoes: flip flops, sandals, sometimes sneakers. I don't like wearing flats anymore, they tend to hurt my feet.

[/quote.

Complete flats are bad for the feet. They hurt the achilles heel by pulling at them. A tiny lift not even an inch might make the difference and blighty had gone mad!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really love wearing shorts, skirts, and tank tops in the summer. However, I'm worried about this summer because (trigger warning self-harm) I have scars on my arm and thighs. I'm sorry, I don't know if that's appropriate for these forums. But yeah, I'm already starting to feel upset wearing more summer clothing and feeling like everyone is judging me.
Oh wow, and another problem I'm going to have is that I've gained a lot of weight since last summer, so I doubt I'll even fit in any of my shorts.
:cringe:  :sniffle:  
There is special scar makeup which apparently covers them completely and tanning lotion should help. Try not to worry about your scars. If people stare let them just lift up your chin and ignore ignorant people.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Capris, t-shirts or tanks and sandals for me!  I don't like my legs in shorts since I've gained weight.  I'm struggling with finding a dress for my cousin's summer wedding.  I really don't understand why they are making plus size dresses so short this year!! 

I usually love sandal season!  Shoes just feel too restrictive and hot!  But I can't seem to wear flip-flops anymore or the tops of my feet hurt.  Last summer my son dropped a toy on my foot and it hurt for a few months!  I noticed my croc flip flops (which I loved!) exacerbated it.  Now both feet seem to hurt with them on.  :(   I've been wearing my normal crocs out in the garden.  So far I'm tanning but I don't look too funny at the foot from it!  :lol3:
Look for a midi or long dress or a 2-piece also midi.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't own a dress or a skirt. I wear trousers the year round. Light material
And nice tops tunic style to cover what needs to be covered and sandals. I have house dresses.

happybird

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My clothes don't change much between seasons. My winter 'uniform' is pants or long skirt with a short sleeve top and a cardigan. In the summer, I just lose the cardigan. :D I hate shoes, so I wear flip flops and sandals all year round, or my clogs if it is super cold. I hate pants and shorts, too, and bras, so I wear a lot of dresses or skirts with tank tops that have a built-in shelf bra. I like to be comfortable and unrestricted.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
My clothes haven't changed yet at all. It's so cold here at work that most of us are still wearing sweatshirts in the building. And heavy pants. Over in our dept, we have our heaters running full tilt.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Catch 22 for me, I want to wear shorts (Bermuda length) but my legs are too white and don't look like they used to! But a 'little' bit of sun would make them look better, so skinny jeans, Capri ' s and maxi dresses it is for me.
Oh, I forgot about maxi dresses. Yes, I love those too! The skirts I wear are pretty long: at least down to the knee, if not down to my ankles (my graduation dress was my only exception, coming just above the knee), because I have very pale, skinny legs; though I have started using that lotion that has some color to it. Getting it on evenly is the issue. 

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live in jeans and sweatshirts in the winter and go all out with switching to T-shirts in the summer. I haven't worn shorts for 30 years now, my legs are too knobby and full of spider veins. When I see all the women who SHOULDN'T be wearing shorts, I'm glad I wear jeans. They always say, I don't care I want to be comfortable, but they sure make the rest of us sick to our stomachs! PLEASE, not in public!