Question of the Day: Sunday May, 15

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning everybody!
It's a lovely sunny day (again) here in Germany - far too hot and dry for the middle of May. Too late for weeding my overgrown garden as the roots are already well-baked into the stone-hard soil.

Just a short, easy, non-political, question today - as I'm trying to avoid raising anybody's blood pressure!

Have you ever played (or even heard of) football-golf? Would you perhaps call it soccer-golf, or footgolf?

My youngest grandson is working at a footgolf course to supplement his pocket money and I spent a pleasant afternoon sitting outside the clubhouse, drinking coffee and chatting to his other grandmother and aunts while groups of children, families and some very athletic young men set off for their rounds of footgolf.
For those who, like me, have never heard of this sport, here is a link to the Wikipedia site:
It's played with footballs on a golf-type course where the holes are obviously much larger. I'm not going to try it - you have to be able to kick a ball quite a long distance and, even on the green, I don't think I'd be able to hit the target when only a few feet away!
Evidently the Footgolf World Cup will be held in Orlando, 2023, but, as far as I am concerned, it is a party sport for families, school classes, and for anybody who just enjoys kicking a ball about!

Do you know footgolf, have you ever played, would you want to try?

Up until a few years ago I would certainly have wanted to have a go! ⚽⛳

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm not too much into sports, but thought I'd heard of most of them. Guess I was wrong, as I've never heard of football golf. As for wanting to try playing it, since it's similar to golf, which I find boring, both watching and playing, I think I'd pass on football golf, and stick to gardening. 🌻🥀🌹🌷

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never heard of it. I have heard of Frisbee golf, if that counts?

I'd probably try it once and be very bad at it.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Never heard of it. I think golf is a bit dull too.

There is a huge golf course not far from where I live with beautifully manicured lawns and huge old trees. I just want to sneak in there one day and gallop round and round on a pony.

:insertevillaugh: