Question of the Day: Sunday, March 26

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My favorite is Autumn. A lot of people don't like Autumn because Winter is next. For me unless Winter is one of those where we seem to stay stuck in an Arctic Vortex and it stays unusually cold, I prefer Winter to Summer. I have never done well with heat and humidity. Maybe that is why I prefer Autumn over Spring, Summer follows Spring.
I absolutely LOVE those perfect days where the sun is out, the teamps are in the high 70s and there is little humidity if any. But when the humidity shows up, the thermometer explodes because of the heat, I am done. It's not even enjoyable to be outside in that to me. Plus, bugs. 🕷 🐛 🐞

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Autumn and winter. I hate hot weather. Spring is often soggy and yuck here, and summer either sticky hot or bushfire-dry hot. I like cold crisp days, knitwear weather. I just wish we had more of the sort of foliage one associates with autumn. There’s one town in my state that’s renowned for it, but it’s over four hours away!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Autumn and winter. I hate hot weather. Spring is often soggy and yuck here, and summer either sticky hot or bushfire-dry hot. I like cold crisp days, knitwear weather. I just wish we had more of the sort of foliage one associates with autumn. There’s one town in my state that’s renowned for it, but it’s over four hours away!
Last year we had a ton of oranges and reds, which was a huge treat because normally the leaves just turn brown and fall off the trees. I wish we had that every year.
When the weather is coming off of months humidity and heat (I swear the sun feels hotter than it used to), those cold crisp mornings are THE absolute BEST. When it's that horribly sticky and hot, I don't even let my cats outside because my black cats sun bathe and are getting older and I am so afraid they will heat stress.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Autumn, I love the colors, Halloween, snuggling on the sofa with hot cider...all the Fall things! I like Winter second, as long as I don't hae to drive in ice/snow.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last year we had a ton of oranges and reds, which was a huge treat because normally the leaves just turn brown and fall off the trees. I wish we had that every year.
When the weather is coming off of months humidity and heat (I swear the sun feels hotter than it used to), those cold crisp mornings are THE absolute BEST. When it's that horribly sticky and hot, I don't even let my cats outside because my black cats sun bathe and are getting older and I am so afraid they will heat stress.
Turning brown and falling off is what tends to happen here, too. We don’t get sharp cold nights to trigger much colour, even if we had many of the species that produce vivid colours (oh how I miss my liquidambar from a couple of houses ago). And of course the native vegetation doesn’t produce any colour; eucalypts are uniformly dull green and brown and drop their leaves all year.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Spring and Autumn. I love watching the world wake up and come alive with color. I’ve fallen in love with filling pots of colorful flowers outside my back door. I love feeling the fresh air and sunshine on my skin again. I love a good rainy day to curl up with a book; but I also feel energized by rain so I might be really productive inside too.

I also love the cooler but still warm days of fall. I love walking through the woods and all the colors.