Question of the Day: Sunday, June 5

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A simple question today - or should I say tonight?

How are your cats doing?

My youngest, Woolly Bear is fine, having survived seasonal shedding without mats, in spite of her aversion to being brushed or combed.

Katy, poor thing, now 10 years old, is being treated (unsuccessfully) with antibiotics and painkillers for a UTI and bladder stone - her next vet appointment is on Tuesday.

The 2 seniors, Mogi (15, still too thin but no sign of illness) and Emily (of unknown age, but with chronic kidney disease), are both doing as well as can be expected but will need their annual vet check-ups once Katy's emergency treatment has been finalised.

The 2 ancient ferals, Teddy and Blacky, are surprisingly fit. Today a monster truck stunt show took place on the carpark close to their houses and feeding area. But, that and many heavy periods of rain didn't stop Teddy from hanging around at feeding time. Teddy is very deaf so he probably didn't notice the commotion. Blacky greeted me yesterday so I'm not too worried that he didn't show up this evening.

I hope your cats, and any other pets you own, are well and not giving you cause for concern.
Have a nice Whitsun weekend!

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Both are doing well, thankfully.

Luna just turned 3 and is being treated for allergies. She's been on her meds for just over a year now - sublingual drops. The difference is huge. No more ear infections, not scratching all the time.

Cocoabean, our older lady is 13-1/2 ("ish", we really don't know her exact age), has been pretty healthy too. We thought she was heading towards kidney disease last year but has been stable and has not yet needed any kind of treatment.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let's see.......
Prancer, at nearly 10 years since her Gotcha day, is still the queen bee who only deigns to allow petting when it suits her.
Digger is still the gregarious one, who will cuddle- or not; who will tear around- or not
Stretch is still Joe Cool, as always
Bashful is still, well, bashful, and still getting over the loss of her best buddy, Burdock.
Miss Eleanor? She is, as always, looking for the next available lap to curl up in. And the next feeding time.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats are all doing well. Remy is sitting on the arm of the couch I'm sitting on, Flora is somewhere, probably in the computer chair in my bedroom, and Maisie is likely on the couch in the spare bedroom. Flora and Maisie are getting along with my dog, Roo, more now including Flora rubbing up against him and Maisie going up to touch noses with him. Remy hasn't gotten along with either of my dogs though. I can't tell if he likes attacking the dogs when they chase him or if he hates it. Remy is kind of an a-hole and does enjoy being mean and he definitely has a temper, so it isn't outside of the realm possibility that he would actually enjoy attacking them.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mooch just got through a little bout with constipation so she’s eating to make up for a few days of poor appetite. She got in DS’s lap this afternoon so everyone was happy to see that. I need to schedule her annual vet visit. She’s lost a little more muscle but overall looks good for 17 and seems happy most of the time. :redheartpump: she’s my baby but I’ve started to refer to DS as her little boy (hes not that little anymore).:lol:

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Charlie recently turned 6, and he continues to mellow out from the wild kitten he once was. He still won't sit or lay on me, but he likes to be next to me, and loves having his head and neck pet.

Selene is almost 5 and, while more independent than she was as a kitten, still loves to snuggle with me and sleep on my chest.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Carleton went to the groomer yesterday and was not happy about it but he survived. Next week he goes for a third T-4 test since having his I-131 radioactive iodine treatment last December. We worry a lot about him but it's only because we love him so much. He's such a sweet and affectionate boy. :heartshape: We're not sure of his age because he was in such rough shape when we adopted him but we think he's approximately 11-12 years old.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The boy's are doing well. Patches nearly 5 now is his usual sweet self. And Bandit nearly 2 no problems for a while and his gums are looking great. He's gone from a sickly kitten to bigger than Patches little brother.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
My Cal is doing well...sweet as ever. She wanted to go out on the deck last night. She only likes going out when i's dark. She was only out a few minutes and some idiot across the street let off a very loud firework...she came running to the slider. She'll be 13 on July 14💕

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
We are on month eleven of introductions! Lola, the newcomer still gets closed in her room from 3 pm until 8 am, and Willow still chooses to sleep in the closet while Lola is out. Every day during Lola’s out time she enters Willow’s closet, Willow screams, both slap at each other and then Lola leaves. Every night Willow sits outside Lola’s door gate and waits for her to appear so they can stare .

The dynamic is that they are both afraid of one another. When Willow hisses at Lola it scares her and unfortunately when she gets scared she attacks. Today they are both sporting nose scratches.

But despite this they both seem to be happy. Lola likes her room and sometimes after I let her out in the morning she goes back in a few minutes to nap. And Willow loves sleeping in the closet and after Lola goes in her room for the night she comes out relaxed and playful.

So, maybe their relationship will improve over the years, but maybe not.

DownTheLane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mine are doing really well, although with the current weather they regularly come home absolutely drenched.
Had a tick scare not too long ago, but luckily it was a false alarm. I've already had to remove a few, so in that sense I'm already missing winter