Question of the Day: Sunday, June 4

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Goof and Lila would be hugged and cuddled for the rest of their lives if they had it their way.
Sarah is hit or miss, but she seems to prefer pets.
The girls at work, pet all you'd like, but picking them up is not their favorite, but they will tolerate it.
The boys at work? Pick them up and enjoy your skin being shredded. But, they do enjoy a good pet. (Tiger especially prefers a good game of fling the catnip mouse across the room.)
Livie, my Papillon dog is seasonal. :lol: In the warmer months, she hates being held and cuddled. (The Papillon I had before her was a cuddler year round, and I do miss that.) But when it gets cold, she literally melts into dead weight when you pick her up and hug and cuddle her.

I'll give out cuddles to the ones who tolerate it, and pets all around for you, gilmargl gilmargl !

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One yes (the older one), loves being loved on.
The younger one - nope. Does not enjoy being restricted in any way. We try to respect this but sometimes fail LOL

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have extremely cuddly cats that actually hug me. I don’t usually hug back.

I think some cats not only tolerate, but enjoy it as long as it is from the person they love and trust.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m not sure I’d call it hugging with my two, “cuddling briefly” would probably be more accurate. I don’t squeeze them, and “hug” to me suggests quite a strong squeeze (something I don’t care for myself, especially if the hugger is a lot bigger than me). I will wrap my arms around them and give them a kiss on top of their head, but they usually decide “That’s enough, Meowther,” and get down when I do it. :nono: They really prefer just lying on top of me and doing the kissing and cuddling themselves.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Molli loves being petted and hugged. We've developed this "thing" where, if I put my face close to hers, she'll reach over and touch my nose. I call it "Molli's kiss". She'll spend hours on my lap and she loves to hang out with me in bed, flopped half on, half off of me.

When we first got Muffin from Mom, she didn't like laps at all. I remember before I brought her home, there was no way she would flop down on top me me. When I tried to put her on my lap, she jumped off as if she were being burned. Now? My butt hits the couch, her butt hits my lap. Or Rick's lap, she doesn't care. And she loves to sleep in my arms at night. Once Molli has had enough of cuddling with me and moves up to her pillow, Muffin comes right on in. She likes to hug and be hugged and she loves a good cuddle.

Tabby does not like being held, although she'll put up with it, if she has to. When she first came into the house as a very wee kitten, she was happy to be held. But she had one of the worst cases of ear mites our vet had ever seen, so for a long time, every time she was held she was also given meds, creams, ointments. And I think that turned her off. No hugs, she refuses to get on a lap...unless it's getting close to supper time. But when she comes to bed and I'm back there watching tv, she comes right up to me for a few pets and strokes. She knows that I love her tail, so she'll let me touch it. For a while. She's affectionate in her own way.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Toffee loves being hugged when he's on my lap, but because of his semi feral background he doesn't like being picked up to be cuddled. He's very affectionate in other ways, though! He loves kisses the most.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
After watching this I decided to give it a go, and boy does Nilah love to be squished! Lying down, or being held at shoulder height, she just loves it.

Sundar likes a bit of a cuddle, but is more into just being close enough to be touching.