Question Of The Day, Sunday, June 18, 2017

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have no idea who or where I am until around noon, and am up till 4 am. Mom told me that even when I was only weeks old, she would get up around 3 to come in and check on me, and I would be lying in my crib, wide awake, just cooing and looking around at the night.

NilsCherch

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I can be both. But I prefer to be a night person because it's so much quieter during the night! But if the need arises, I would be able to wake up early (as long as I have had enough sleep the night before).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely a night person. I think being born and raised in the desert it must be part of the genetics. Sleep during the day and wait until night when it's safe to move around. Although I do see the necessity for the sun and sunlight, the sun almost seems evil at times.
a night person!!! :thumbsup: most excellent!

ahhh, you were born and raised in the desert! very nice!! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a night person. My normal "rhythm" has been to bed at 2 am; up at 10/10:30. And I have loved naps!

But a few months ago my doctor put me on iron supplements. I noticed pretty quickly that it gave me lots of energy during the day and I don't look for a nap nearly as often. And definitely not so strongly! With all that; I've been absolutely crashing around midnight and waking up at 8:30 or so. Waking up hasn't been as difficult either.

It only goes wonky if I crash before doing something important; like scooping the litter boxes or brushing my teeth. Then I get too awake and it takes a while to go back to sleep again. Thankfully my kids have always been on an odd schedule because of DH's work. Some of my friend's kids get up before 6!! That is pure evil, torture to someone like me. :lol:

I also feel like I'm most physically productive during the day. But most creatively productive at night. It's also my favorite time to read and recharge.
a night person, and physically productive during the day but creatively productive at night!!! :clap:

i take an over the counter iron supplement, not daily but as needed. i can tell when i'm needing several days of iron supplement. and once i do that, i'm feeling much better -- less generally tired, and restores my normal energy level.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to be such a night owl! I always loved working third shift and while everybody on my crew was all bleary-eyed, I'd be bouncing all over the place. I loved the night. I loved sitting out on the deck at 2:00 in the morning, smoking a cigarette and listening to the sounds of the night in the yard. I enjoyed looking up and seeing the constellations.

Sadly the cats have changed that. They awaken at 3:00 and start screaming for breakfast. So when they awaken, I awaken. And now, it's nothing for me to be in bed and sound asleep by 8:00 on most nights. Even on weekends. It's sad and I miss my night times.
a night owl, but now you're early to bed and early to rise!!! :thumbsup: maybe once you've retired you'll be able to enjoy the night...and then nap during the day for a bit...? :think:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well my mom used to have weird hours=and I am just like her. I like the middle of the night-quiet and DARK. The sun hurts my eyes and burns my skin. I like cloudy days better.

I work 1st shift but when I was locked out for 2 weeks I didn't get up before 7am. Then I couldn't fall asleep before 12am. I prefer nights. I like it quiet. I love the quiet of the morning too So I like a bit of both...
you like a bit of both night time and morning!!! :clap: very nice!

yup, i'm fair skinned too, and burn quite easily. it does turn to tan for me though, after the heat and tenderness of the sunburn fades.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm anything but a night owl. Usually I'm awake somewhere between 5 and 5:30 a.m., so ready for bed by 9:30. Generally I read 30 - 60 minutes before falling asleep.
ahhh, a morning/daytime person!!! :thumbsup: and reading for a bit before falling asleep! most excellent!

i generally don't read when i'm tired/overtired, which ends up being quite often. i like to be able to really enjoy and get into the book, which i can't do when i'm tired. :dunno:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate mornings. With a passion. I should have been a vampire. I am happiest in the middle of the night when the world is quiet and peaceful and most of those pesky humans are sleeping. :lol:
:lol:

the middle of the night!!! :cloud9: truly the best time of the day!! :agree: and yes, one of the great things about the night time is that most of 'those pesky humans' are sleeping!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no idea who or where I am until around noon, and am up till 4 am. Mom told me that even when I was only weeks old, she would get up around 3 to come in and check on me, and I would be lying in my crib, wide awake, just cooing and looking around at the night.
it sounds like you're naturally a night time person!!! :thumbsup: very nice!!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can be both. But I prefer to be a night person because it's so much quieter during the night! But if the need arises, I would be able to wake up early (as long as I have had enough sleep the night before).
you prefer to be a night person!!! :cloud9: yes, so very quiet at night!! exactly, night people can wake up early as long as we've had enough sleep the night before! :agree: