Question of the Day: Sunday, June 1

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's JUNE! I can't believe how quickly this year is passing. Now is the time many people start making summer vacation plans. I have not had a vacation in many years, and this year will not be an exception. At least going no where and doing nothing makes for quick and inexpensive planning! So how about you?

Are you planning a summer vacation this year?
If so, what are the details? And is it going to be different than most other years or is it a sort of family tradition? 

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No summer vacations here. :( My family has always worked all year round and as have I. My dad spreads his two weeks vacation over the winter to avoid driving in bad weather, and he works in a tourist attraction so it's always busiest in the summer.

The last three years, I went to the Hillside Festival for three days with my boyfriend, but with no one reliable or personally close nearby, I'm staying home this time to medicate my lovie and feed the cats. I don't mind so much because weed and booze isn't my scene, and they don't have showers there, lol. We haven't worked out what will happen when my boyfriend and his friends (+ their girlfriends) go camping though; I'm not sure if I'll decide to sit that out too since they like going for four days.

One thing that my old high school friends would like to make into a tradition is a beach day. We're all scattered so it takes some of us two or more hours to drive back towards our hometown, but we're aiming to meet again at Rock Point beach (same as last year - this will be our second year doing it) in the third week of June. BBQ, bocci ball, catch in the water, sandcastles, rock castles.. playing like kids. :p If we have time, we might have a secondary beach-ish get together day just to picnic down at Dufferin Island again, feed some geese, wade through the water hoping it's not full of leeches.

edit; fixed what I pretended was a sentence

Last edited:

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll be doing a stay-cation this summer.  When I lived near Macon, GA, I didn't see a lot of the sights and I regret that.  Where I live now has a lot of history and I've been going to some of the sights/tours and really enjoying it. 

berbdcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
As for me, I've just finished school on Friday and my family will be going to Poland at the end of June. We go to Poland every summer and until recently for the whole holidays. This time we're only going for about a month. Though I'll probably have to leave earlier because I'm going on a surfing/adventure camp in Donegal (A county in the north of Ireland) with my friend Jane, on the 4th of August. Then I'll stay and hangout at home until school starts again. 

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing big planned here, just a few short trips. We are traveling to my nephew's wedding this summer, so we are going to stay on a few days and visit with my sister and the rest of her family, and do some clothes shopping (SO much better in the U.S. than here). My husband also has a work trip but he is staying on and our daughter is going to fly to join him and they will spend a few days together then head back home.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm on it right now, visiting my sister in Nebraska for the first time in five years. We're originally from Philadelphia, PA, but both ended up thousands of miles away (in my case in Europe).

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
l'm not going anywhere this year. l've decided to actually take in some of what this area has to offer, maybe even do one of the Urban Scavenger Quests to get to know the city better.

mackimus

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm hoping to wander over to Montreal for a weekend sometime in August. Its not a huge trip but it would be nice to get away for a bit.

Over the last few years I've been feeling a big itch to go some place I've never been before, wander and get lost for awhile. Won't be this year but hopefully the next!

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not possible due to the cats/dogs and money.  Growing up we never went away and since being married same thing.  I would love to do 2 nights in a country inn. 

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not sure at this point. My GF and I have plans to go to VA at the end of June; we'd like to visit Rikki's Refuge. It all depends on what the ortho-weenie says about my foot when I go for my appt on June 9. I may be in a cast or a boot cast; I'm not sure.

Rick and I are going to Chicago for a long weekend in September (I think it is). He has to go out for company stuff and he says we'll drive if I go along. The company will pay for our travel expenses, up to the cost of the plane tickets, so it's a cheap trip; the company will also pay for our hotel stay. I like Chicago, love going to the Field Museum (I like Sue, the T-rex 
).

We were going to Myrtle Beach later on toward fall, but I think that trip fell through.

We're just taking things as we go. We may do some one-day trips later on this summer (some antiquing and flea market kind of things, wineries, shopping). I'm out of vacation days right now and don't get more days until mid-June.

cat addictions

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We just got back from our yearly visit to Siesta Key, FL. My father-in-law manages a beach house and it's become a tradition to stay there and visit my wife's family for a week. It was great! Lots of sun, and it only rained once. Fishing was terrible this year for some reason though. Still, just taking a break and lounging around in the open air at the beach was great.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
No summer vacation as I'll be moving.

But I am planning the annual Halloween weekend trip with my sister and nieces in October, and planning a cruise in May, 2015. Long way off, but something to look forward to!