Question of the Day: Sunday, July 17

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is very hot and sunny here in Germany so it's rather appropriate that it is in fact

National Ice Cream Day!

If I could still obtain fresh, local strawberries, I would love to sit outside with this:
ice-cream-123097_1920.jpg

Though I would normally select vanille, dark chocolate, coffee ice cream. Something like this, but without a sticky sauce!

ice-cream-2377713_1920.png

But, on a day like today, a lime sorbet?
lime-sorbet-374726_1920.jpg

If you could choose now, what flavors would you select and what, if anything, would accompany your ice cream?
Today, we're not counting calories!
(I'm now so tempted, I'm going to have to l see what I can find in my freezer! 🍦)

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love ice cream

On a cone : Banana/chocolate is my favorite

1658067570820.png

I like sorbet : passion fruit and raspberry are my favorites. I also like apple sorbet with a few drops of Calvados (as a digestive)

I like vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce (the real thing; melted dark chocolate with milk or cream)

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last year, my husband and I decided to try a (somewhat) local artisanal ice cream shop even though it seemed way too pretentious for us. Dear Sweet Medusa! I am glad we did!

That leaves me with my new favorite ice cream flavor, which they, unfortunately, do not have all the time: kettle corn.

What I want right now is a scope of kettle corn and a scoop of lavender queen bee with a drizzle of hot fudge, some almonds or pecans, and some whipped cream. Or just a bowl of kettle corn ice cream. (My husband would say their mascarpone blueberry cheesecake ice cream with a bit of blood orange olive oil. He thought the oil would be disgusting but was convinced to try it.)

Anyone in NE Ohio near Medina or Akron should really consider going to one of the three Chill Artisan Ice Cream locations! (Nope, I do not work for them. I just dream about their kettle corn ice cream! Haha!)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would be more likely to have a desserty flavored cappuccino drink. I don't really like dessert, only sweet coffee drinks.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A peanut butter cup sundae -
That looks like a Friendy's sundae! The glass is different, but I am certain that it is it. I started working at one when I was 18, stayed there full time while finishing my undergrad (I was an older student at 27), and worked weekends after I got my "real" job in academics and was completing my grad degrees in my early 30s. I am still in touch with a few of my fellow former employees. We became a franchise while I was about to start my undergrad. The owner was a former district manager who adored me like a daughter. It was because of him that I was able to finish my degrees. He put me on salary so that I worked less during the academic year and worked my butt off in the summer (while still taking summer classes). I still have one of the coffee cups with the stars on it.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not too much of a fan of ice cream,although I have been known to enjoy a good coffee ice cream on occasion.Don't want anything on it or with it....just plain.Mostly I love a nice sherbet,pretty much any flavor,could even be more than one flavor at a time,but just plain.