Question Of The Day, Sunday, July 16, 2017

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good morning! :wave3:

lately i've been watching more movies, than tv shows. i tend to like the movies that have an older actor/actress in it with some younger ones. well, my favorites are always the old movies, classics, but i've been enjoying more recent movies with the older actor/actress and some younger ones too.

and that got me to thinking about all the really wonderful older actors/actresses. many have passed at this point......:(

for today's Question of the Day......

Who is your favorite older actor/actress? (can be still alive, or passed on)

i'll start!

there are so very many truly great older actors/actresses! and there are many that i love. i think i'd have to say that Cary Grant is one of my most favorite actors. so handsome and debonair, and so wonderful in comedies.

i love all the movies he's starred in. everything......from his Hitchcock movies, to Gunga Din, to Bringing Up Baby, to Destination Tokyo, to Arsenic and Old Lace...one of my all time favorite movies......, and the list goes on and on.

okay, now it's your turn!

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree that there are so many to choose from but my favourite actress is Bette Davis..overacted at times but I always enjoyed her films~whatever happened to baby jane/ all about eve etc. Act or is James Cagney. He was so versatile. Loved White heat.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Has to be Cary Grant or Jimmy Stewart... kind of a toss up depending on my mood.

Cary Grant; Suave, debonair, easy on the eyes...
Jimmy Stewart: the down to earth guy next door, the perfect husband, friend...

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Hands down, my favorite actors are Jimmy Stewart and Humphrey Bogart but I really like James Cagney too.
The actresses I like to see are Claudette Colbert, Lauren Bacall, Barbara Stanwyck and the lovely Grace Kelly.
Now that you brought up the subject I'm sure I will have several others to add to the list. I really enjoy watching TCM, they don't make movies like they used too. :wink:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorites were James Garner and Doris Day. I had a crush on James Garner ever since I was 10 years old and Doris Day is wonderful with animals. James Cagney was also a favorite of mine. I loved him in Yankee Doodle Dandy.

Muffy

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Clint Eastwood, Clark Gable, Joan Crawford, Bette Davis, all of the Golden Girls, Katherine Hepburn

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does Sean Connery count as an older actor. He has been acting for many, many, years. Hands down, I love this man.

Edit: On a side note, If you've been watching a lot of movies, you should definitely watch The Ghost and the Darkness.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Clark Gable and Diane Keaton. I tend to like movies about older people, too, now that I'm an old person myself. And for heart throbs, I go for Roger Moore and Richard Gere. I swooned over "An Officer and a Gentleman."

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree that there are so many to choose from but my favourite actress is Bette Davis..overacted at times but I always enjoyed her films~whatever happened to baby jane/ all about eve etc. Act or is James Cagney. He was so versatile. Loved White heat.
ahhh, Bette Davis!!! :thumbsup: a wonderful actress!! and James Cagney!!! :agree: yes, he was quite versatile!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has to be Cary Grant or Jimmy Stewart... kind of a toss up depending on my mood.

Cary Grant; Suave, debonair, easy on the eyes...
Jimmy Stewart: the down to earth guy next door, the perfect husband, friend...
Cary Grant or Jimmy Stewart!!! :cloud9: and Jimmy Stewart is one of my favorites too!! :D

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Spencer Tracy, Cary Grant, Sophia Loren, and both of the wonderful Hepburns, Katherine and Audrey.