Question of the Day: Sunday, January 22

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
being originally from south east texas i didnt see alot of snow until i moved to michigan. im not fond of snow or ice and hate being cold too

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If it could snow everywhere but on the roads, driveways, and sidewalks I might be ok with it.

Life doesn't stop for people just because the weather is bad. Even if things shut down for the event it doesn't mean everything gets cleared. DH frequently has to travel roads that were never touched by pretreatment or a plow. Sometimes blowing and melting followed by refreezing is just as dangerous here; except you don't expect it because it's bright and sunny.

When DD was a few weeks old; after spending time in the NICU and while I was living attached to an electric breast pump because she wouldn't nurse, we had back to back blizzards and lost power. No power, no pump. And also no heat or water for us. I wasn't nervous until it got down in the 50s inside our house. We ended up getting to evacuate to my mom's house with her and the cats. And that's the reason we had a wood stove installed a few years later. We don't get walloped like that too often; but it can be miserable when we do. It's not worth the pretty views for me.

Now I do love when my kids go outside and exhaust themselves. Especially after they got big enough to dress themselves, go out without me and hang their wet stuff up properly! That's a win for a mom! :thumbsup:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do like snow. Although this year has been testing me because here in Minnesota we've already surpassed the average snowfall for this season and we still have at least 3 more months of possible snowstorms. I'm super glad I have a snowblower though.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hate it. I have always hated it. Even as a kid I would rather go to school than get a snow day. Extra days were added at the end of the school year to make up for them and being home when it snowed meant shoveling the driveway from hades multiple times during the day. I hate everything that comes with it. The ice, freezing wind, slush, sleet. It's all awful.

This is my animated soul mate. I knew from the first moment I saw this special back in the 70's. Finally someone understood me. :lol:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not a fan of it let's say.When I was a kid it was great.Snow days were few and far between but we always had a lot of fun sledding,etc,but they always had enough equipment to get it off the roads in short order.Here,they lack the big plows,etc. and crews to get out in the country,so when we get a snow,you're stuck...lucky if we ever see a plow.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:lol: i have never been exposed enough to snow to know the hassels of it to me it just makes me think of lazy days or nights with a fire or furnace going some nice stews or soups to eat and a pile of blankets to burrow under for naps so i cant say i like or dislike snow:lol:
Those are the parts I like! :lol:

My mom always made some kind of warm and hearty dinner while it was snowing and we’d be shoveling because who needs to spend money on a snowblower when you have a bunch of kids?:lol:

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live in Columbus Oh and we don't get too many of the real large snows. All I have seen are the trucks with the blades on the front and they spread salt from the back. I was stationed at Fort Lewis Washington just outside of Tacoma and I seen one snow in two years and it was an inch. That snow shut down everything including Ft Lewis.
I lived in Columbus for 10 years (part of that time in Delaware and Powell). I went to Columbus Tech and also worked downtown in the Leveque building for awhile. I took the bus, which let me off at Northland Mall and I had to walk down several blocks to get to our duplex. One snow event, it snowed so much by the time I got off the bus it was up to my knees. I had a heck of a time getting home. That's the worst one I remember during my years there.