Question Of The Day, Sunday, December 2, 2018

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ha

I have those without the watercress. Must be my British genes.

Faves:

Greasy cheeseburger with melted blue cheese

Reuben

Turkey Bacon Club

Steak sandwich on grilled sourdough bread with with cheddar

Tomato and fresh mozzarella on fresh Italian bread
your favorites are a cheeseburger with melted blue cheese, Reuben, Turkey Bacon Club, steak sandwich on grilled sourdough bread with cheddar, and tomato and fresh mozzarella on fresh italian bread!!! :thumbsup: those sound very good!! :agree:

yes, i thought that sandwich sounded like it would be really tasty without the watercress, too. :D

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always liked concord grape jelly. But it never tasted like the grapes I tried. And then I moved to where I live now, and there was a concord grape vine in my side yard. And the grapes taste like concord grape jam! Who knew? :dunno:
I think it has something to do with the water and the soil the plants are growing in. I loved jasmine for its heavenly fragrance when we lived in Atlanta, so when we moved to Illinois, I potted one up and brought it to Illinois. Of course, I watered it with tap water, which is alkaline (we were on a well), and when it bloomed, it stank! Awful! :eek:

I've also noticed that the blackberries and raspberries from the grocery store don't taste anything like the wild ones the kids and I used to pick in the woods.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Reubens are #1 in my book; I just love them.

For New Year's Eve, while we're watching movies, I make what we've been calling The Big Sandwich. I made my own loaf of round bread earlier in the day. We slice the loaf in half lengthwise. Slather the bottom with mayo. And then layer whatever we want, usually lettuces, deli meats, thinly-sliced tomatoes, several kinds of cheeses, whatever we have on hand. Slather mustard over the top slice of bread. Then we wrap the loaf in foil and throw it into the oven long enough for the cheeses to melt down into the sandwich and everything gets warm. The. Best. Big. Sandwich. EVER! For some reason, it's a NYE thing. I hardly ever make it throughout the year.

Dear Richard's family-famous hamburgers rock. Wonderful things, they are.

I'm a fan of Lebanan Bologna, but it's something we don't buy often. I like the sweeter bologna. Two slices of butter bread with a few slices of Lebanon stacked between them. Sometimes I'll throw mustard into the mix, but really it's butter most of the time.

I'll take a ham-and-cheese hoagie, with a wee bit of wee hot peppers. Just a wee bit.

A good tuna salad sandwich hits the spot on a hot summer's day.

Last, but not least, I love pulled pork sandwiches on homemade crusty rolls and a side of cole slaw. I make a shredded beef for sandwiches that is really good, too.

I'll shut up as I'm now starving to death.
Reubens, The Big Sandwich :cloud9:, your DH's family-famous hamburgers, Lebanon bologna with butter (sometimes with mustard, too) sandwich, ham and cheese hoagie with a wee bit of hot peppers, tuna salad sandwich, and pulled pork sandwiches on homemade crusty rolls and a side of cole slaw -- you also make a shredded beef for sandwiches, are your favorites!!! :clap: really awesome!! :D

yesterday i was feeling...adventurous. so i decided to try mustard on my meatloaf sandwich, instead of the margarine i've always used. that really was quite good!! :yummy: so now i have another choice with my meatloaf sandwiches. :D

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I love a good muffaletta or a fully loaded po'boy. There's debate about its being a sandwich, but a footlong chili cheese dog with finely chopped onions is pure Nirvana.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I am soooo hungry while reading this thread and it's 4:30am here. I only have Vermont white cheddar and no meat so maybe I'll make a grilled cheese for brekkie. Winchester's Big Sandwich sounds amazing!! My I come to your house for NY eve? lmao ;):crackup::hellocomputer::please:

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like tomatoes unless they are vine ripened. And by that I mean still on the vine in the ground, not the ones in the store that say 'vine ripened' simply because the dead vine is attached.
Especially ones I've grown and picked myself. Ahhh, bliss! And if they're romas, even better, or celebrities, or big boys, or beefsteak, or stripes, or - well, I never met a real tomato I didn't like.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Reubens are #1 in my book; I just love them.

For New Year's Eve, while we're watching movies, I make what we've been calling The Big Sandwich. I made my own loaf of round bread earlier in the day. We slice the loaf in half lengthwise. Slather the bottom with mayo. And then layer whatever we want, usually lettuces, deli meats, thinly-sliced tomatoes, several kinds of cheeses, whatever we have on hand. Slather mustard over the top slice of bread. Then we wrap the loaf in foil and throw it into the oven long enough for the cheeses to melt down into the sandwich and everything gets warm. The. Best. Big. Sandwich. EVER! For some reason, it's a NYE thing. I hardly ever make it throughout the year.

Dear Richard's family-famous hamburgers rock. Wonderful things, they are.

I'm a fan of Lebanan Bologna, but it's something we don't buy often. I like the sweeter bologna. Two slices of butter bread with a few slices of Lebanon stacked between them. Sometimes I'll throw mustard into the mix, but really it's butter most of the time.

I'll take a ham-and-cheese hoagie, with a wee bit of wee hot peppers. Just a wee bit.

A good tuna salad sandwich hits the spot on a hot summer's day.

Last, but not least, I love pulled pork sandwiches on homemade crusty rolls and a side of cole slaw. I make a shredded beef for sandwiches that is really good, too.

I'll shut up as I'm now starving to death.
You are a troublemaker of the first water, Winchester! I'm now suffering, with no hope of relief. The other half bought some weird kind of Boar's Head salami from the deli the other day. I have no idea what it's meant to be used for but it definitely isn't sandwiches.

My hero, Alton Brown, broke my heart in one of his recent Good eats re-dos. He took a miserly 4 oz. hamburger patty, smashed it paper thin and then deep-fried it. Heresy! What he had was a 1/4" thick wafer of carbon. We deep fry a lot of things here in the south, but hamburgers are not one of them.

I'm getting ready to cook some chicken for some chicken noodle soup, plus a batch of fruited chicken salad. Maybe I can pile the chicken salad between a couple of pieces of bread and pretend...

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He took a miserly 4 oz. hamburger patty, smashed it paper thin and then deep-fried it. Heresy! What he had was a 1/4" thick wafer of carbon. We deep fry a lot of things here in the south, but hamburgers are not one of them
Oooh! I want to try that! Culver's squishes their patties very thin on a very hot griddle, and their burgers are SO good. I bet a deep-fried patty would be similar.

I like Reubens---the funny thing is that I don't like any of the ingredients for a Reuben, except for sauerkraut. But together, mmm!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since I'm vegetarian I'd probably have to say my favorite sandwich is a falafel on yummy pita bread with lettuce, tomato, onion and tahini sauce.
your favorite is a falafel on pita bread with lettuce, tomato, onion, and tahini sauce!!! :clap: awesome!! :D

i've never had a falafel. :dunno: i've thought about trying one, though! :think:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love salt beef sandwiches, ham sandwiches, jam sandwiches and chorizo sandwiches. I also love heated cocktail sausages in sandwiches.
salt beef sandwiches, ham sandwiches, jam sandwiches, chorizo sandwiches, and heated cocktail sausages in sandwiches are your favorites!!! :thumbsup: most excellent!! :)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Roast beef on french bread with provolone, mayonnaise and spinach with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese.
your favorite is roast beef on french bread with provolone, mayo, and spinach, with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese!!! :thumbsup: excellent!! :agree:

have you ever tried gorgonzola cheese with roast beef? it's really very tasty! :yummy:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love a good muffaletta or a fully loaded po'boy. There's debate about its being a sandwich, but a footlong chili cheese dog with finely chopped onions is pure Nirvana.
a good muffaletta, a fully loaded po'boy, and a footlong chili cheese dog with finely chopped onions are your favorites!!! :clap: very nice!! :D