Question Of The Day, Sunday, December 10, 2017

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They probably enjoy having the run of the house. I take time to go stay with my parents and family and someone comes to my house to care for the cats. I am not usually with the cats for holidays.
maybe something like, 'woohoo!! mom's away......let's have a kitty party!' :dancingblackcat::dizzycat::clapcat:

that's really nice, that you spend holidays with your parents and family!! :redheartpump:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes Miagi loved presents
And Tiger loved wrapping paper and boxes on Christmas morning. ❤ :) Angel loves the toys and treats. We’ll see how Rufus reacts it’s his first Christmas with us. so far he loves the ornaments and I can’t wait to see how he is with everything on Christmas morning. :)
your Miagi loved presents, and your Tiger loved the wrapping paper and boxes on Christmas morning!!! :cloud9: awesome!!

Angel loves the toys and treats, while your Rufus is enjoying his first Christmas with you!! :clap: really very nice! :D

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One year at my brothers on Christmas Eve I had the feeling of being watched, which is creepy. I checked the gigantic tree several times and nothing. He came in the room and I shared my feelings with him. He reached into the tree and pulled out his Iguana! That same holiday his dog peed on the tree and gifts!!!!
We had an iguana who did that too. They like being high off the ground. When he was out of his cage he pretty much ran free and liked to sit on top of the curtain rod by the sliding glass door. If something startled him, he would run up my leg, up my back and sit on my shoulder. He would hide under my hair and peek out to see where the noise came from. :lol:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Our old Hydrox, The Old Coot, loved the catnip he got at Christmas. One year, before we had all the RugCats and Hydrox was an only "child," I had tucked a catnip pillow in his Christmas stocking, never thinking he could actually get to the stocking. I had cleaned the house from top to bottom, polished the furniture, did a good vacuum, etc. before going to work on second shift. We were renting a house (while our current house was being built) and the rented house had a huge family room in the basement. Rick and our son were having dinner up in the kitchen. Hydrox was in the family room, nosing around the fireplace at his stocking (the catnip!). Well, he managed to get his stocking down, got the catnip pillow out of the stocking and had a ball with it. The boy was higher than a kite. Those catnip pillows were hand-made and he adored them....he got a fresh pillow about every two months.

Anyway, Rick and our son came down into the family room to watch tv. A long time ago, I had made a ceramic Santa Claus and he was on the tv (it was an old console-type tv; this was back in the early 1980's). Hydrox jumped on the freshly-polished tv and Rick said it was just like a comedy show. Hydrox slid across the tv, knocked into Santa and both cat and Santa flew to the floor. Hydrox got up, shook himself, and zoomed up the stairs to the kitchen. Santa's arm was broken, but Rick was able to glue it back on.

Hydrox passed away many years ago. We still have the Santa and, during the holidays, he sits on top of the kitchen cabinets.

That boy loved his Christmas catnip. He loved bathing under the Christmas tree and napping there. He'd chose the weirdest-shaped packages and that was where he'd take his naps. He loved playing in the paper. I would purposely wrap Christmas presents on the bedroom floor, just so he could come into the bedroom and "help". Back then, we were still putting bows on packages and more than one bow sported teeth marks. One morning, he walked around the house wearing a bow from a wrapped package; we still don't know how he managed that, but I think our son had something to do with it. He was quite the character all year long, but if there was ever a cat that truly loved all things Christmas, it was Hydrox, The Old Coot.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats believe that they should be showered with gifts on a daily basis. They do like getting special treats though. I don't put up a tree. Sophie would destroy it in less than a day.

Sophie: "No I wouldn't. I'd just look at it. Honest! :angel:"

"Shhh..... don't tell Mom but I really WOULD. I'd go through that tree like a hot knife through butter.... :insertevillaugh:"

"Oh hey mom. No I wasn't doin' nuthin'.... just sitting here mindin' my own business. Yup. Sure was.. :redtongue:"
your Sophie is a real beauty!! :redheartpump: and her...'naughty' side is so cute!!! :lol:

your Sophie, Lilith, and Henry believe they should be showered with gifts every day!!! :thumbsup: and they like getting special treats too! :purr: very nice!!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have learned not to put bows and ribbons on packages under the tree; it's just asking for trouble. Half the time we don't even use the To/From cards because the kids will claw them off. I write on the paper with a big red marker. And there are times when people find claw marks in the wrapping paper, too. The cats walk on the wrapped packages, they get between the packages, they fight under the tree and the wrapping paper gets clawed. It's pretty obvious this is a cat house.

Banshee used to love to get into the used wrapping paper. As we opened our gifts, we throw the paper on the floor for Banshee to play in. She'd dive into the paper; sometimes, all you could see was her head poking out or we'd see a tail or a little white paw. She was hilarious.

Oh, the kids used to love those brown grocery bags! We'd throw them on the floor and they run into the bags. Whoever got inside first would poke at the bag from inside and the others would pounce from the outside. They had a ball!

Kat0121 Kat0121 what a great picture of the beautiful Miss Sophie! Gosh, but she's gorgeous!
Our old Hydrox, The Old Coot, loved the catnip he got at Christmas. One year, before we had all the RugCats and Hydrox was an only "child," I had tucked a catnip pillow in his Christmas stocking, never thinking he could actually get to the stocking. I had cleaned the house from top to bottom, polished the furniture, did a good vacuum, etc. before going to work on second shift. We were renting a house (while our current house was being built) and the rented house had a huge family room in the basement. Rick and our son were having dinner up in the kitchen. Hydrox was in the family room, nosing around the fireplace at his stocking (the catnip!). Well, he managed to get his stocking down, got the catnip pillow out of the stocking and had a ball with it. The boy was higher than a kite. Those catnip pillows were hand-made and he adored them....he got a fresh pillow about every two months.

Anyway, Rick and our son came down into the family room to watch tv. A long time ago, I had made a ceramic Santa Claus and he was on the tv (it was an old console-type tv; this was back in the early 1980's). Hydrox jumped on the freshly-polished tv and Rick said it was just like a comedy show. Hydrox slid across the tv, knocked into Santa and both cat and Santa flew to the floor. Hydrox got up, shook himself, and zoomed up the stairs to the kitchen. Santa's arm was broken, but Rick was able to glue it back on.

Hydrox passed away many years ago. We still have the Santa and, during the holidays, he sits on top of the kitchen cabinets.

That boy loved his Christmas catnip. He loved bathing under the Christmas tree and napping there. He'd chose the weirdest-shaped packages and that was where he'd take his naps. He loved playing in the paper. I would purposely wrap Christmas presents on the bedroom floor, just so he could come into the bedroom and "help". Back then, we were still putting bows on packages and more than one bow sported teeth marks. One morning, he walked around the house wearing a bow from a wrapped package; we still don't know how he managed that, but I think our son had something to do with it. He was quite the character all year long, but if there was ever a cat that truly loved all things Christmas, it was Hydrox, The Old Coot.
ahhh, your cats love Christmastime!!! :clap: most excellent!

reading about how your Banshee, Hydrox, and your current cats have enjoyed Christmas (and their antics) brought a smile to my face!! :D

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Laelia and Snickers don't seem to care either way, but Cinder and Toothless LOVE the Christmas trees, Toothless especially. They chase each other under and around the trees and bat the ornaments off, which is OK because we only put unbreakables on the bottom. This year I decided to do all the gift wrapping in the attic and leaving the presents up there so they're safe from Toothless and Cinder. So far it's going well although now that it's gotten colder I've had to dress warmer while wrapping so I don't freeze.
hmmm...so it's a '50/50 split' in your home! your Laelia and Snickers don't seem interested in Christmas, and your Cinder and Toothless enjoy Christmastime very much!!! :thumbsup: very interesting!! :think:

that's a great idea, to wrap and leave the presents up in your attic, so your Toothless and Cinder won't decide to get 'happy' with them. :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They definitely enjoy Xmas!

All the extra treats, cozy/snuggly season and the extra things to play with :thumbsup: Boxes, sparkly things, ribbons, wrapping paper etc.

Tippy Toes in particular enjoys batting her paw at the ornaments and meowing. Her and Camelot also started playing and running around under the three - thankfully, so far that is the extent of it :lol: nothing disastrous yet! Tree remains nice and sturdy.
all your cats enjoy Christmastime!!! :clap: most excellent!! :)

do i remember correctly, that your Tippy Toes is a young(er) cat? it sounds like she's having a fun Christmas!:runningcat:

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Even if the gifts do not make them happy they believe they are Santa's Little Helper and they tried to help mommy wrap the gifts which if you've ever had help from a cat it can take hours to wrap a gift that might take 10 minutes normally to wrap!!! The wit and wisdom of being old may your gifts look lovely without a lots of extra tape to mend all the holes they make and may you do it without a lot of cussing and throwing cats aside to try to finish your job good luck

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even if the gifts do not make them happy they believe they are Santa's Little Helper and they tried to help mommy wrap the gifts which if you've ever had help from a cat it can take hours to wrap a gift that might take 10 minutes normally to wrap!!! The wit and wisdom of being old may your gifts look lovely without a lots of extra tape to mend all the holes they make and may you do it without a lot of cussing and throwing cats aside to try to finish your job good luck
ahhh, a very nice sentiment!!! :clap:

yes, they do believe they're Santa's Little Helpers! our Punky is 'mom's little helper' 24/7, 365, and it was quite hard for her to be patient while i was upstairs putting together their Christmas stockings.