Question Of The Day, Sunday, December 10, 2017

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good morning! :wave3:

i'm starting to get excited, look forward to Christmas, specifically my cat's Christmas! :purr: i always look forward to our Christmas Eve and Christmas Day together.

for today's Question of the Day......

Do your cat(s), previous or current, seem to enjoy Christmastime?

i'll start!

my Mickey :rbheart: and Snick :rbheart: absolutely loved Christmastime! they both loved receiving their Christmas stockings, and my little Snick especially loved Christmas music -- we enjoyed listening to it together! :redheartpump: she didn't even mind my singing! :lol:

Mickey and Snick, who were littermates, always enjoyed their individual stockings and gifts, and then would switch -- so each would enjoy the others gifts for awhile. :D

our Dude, DeeDee, and Punky all love Christmastime too! they seem to prefer sharing all the gifts from the stockings :heartshape:, though occasionally one cat will claim a specific toy as their favorite.

i had thought we would be listening to Christmas music this year, or rather that i would feel ready to once again, but we haven't yet. :sigh: i'm thinking maybe we will on Christmas Eve and Christmas, though we'll see about that.

how about your cat(s), previous or current?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Yes! What's not to enjoy about all those cardboard boxes and a tree covered with cat toys?

Jamie used to take all the ornaments off the tree every night, so I'd have to hunt for them and redecorate the tree. Mowgli isn't as bad, but he loves to lie or run across the tree skirt, so the tree is constantly at risk.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes! What's not to enjoy about all those cardboard boxes and a tree covered with cat toys?

Jamie used to take all the ornaments off the tree every night, so I'd have to hunt for them and redecorate the tree. Mowgli isn't as bad, but he loves to lie or run across the tree skirt, so the tree is constantly at risk.
your Mowgli and Jaime both enjoy(ed) Christmastime!!! :clap: most wonderful!! :D

oh my! i think my three would be running across or lying on the tree skirt too, if i put up a Christmas tree!! :runningcat::dizzycat:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats never paid any special attention to Christmas. I never had a tree and there very few boxes and presents around and no Christmas music. I used to buy them new beds every year but they did not pay much attention to them. They used them but they were no big deal.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Of all the cats we've known, Neely enjoyed holidays the most. :crackup: Bows, wrapping paper and boxes but most of all gift bags that she could crawl into.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Smedley is repeating his tradition of taking his toys into the Christmas tree. He carries his stuffed mouse (last year, it was a fish) in his mouth, then you see the tree shaking. He climbs into the center of the tree, places his toy on the branch, takes it down, and repeats the process for an hour or so. Nut.

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wrapping paper is always good for a few laughs and bows are like colored mousies! One year the cats gifts kept GETTING torn open due to the essence of catnip that I couldn't smell but the two cats did. Needless to say after rewrapping several times they got their gifts early!

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
They probably enjoy having the run of the house. I take time to go stay with my parents and family and someone comes to my house to care for the cats. I am not usually with the cats for holidays.

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
One year at my brothers on Christmas Eve I had the feeling of being watched, which is creepy. I checked the gigantic tree several times and nothing. He came in the room and I shared my feelings with him. He reached into the tree and pulled out his Iguana! That same holiday his dog peed on the tree and gifts!!!!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes Miagi loved presents
And Tiger loved wrapping paper and boxes on Christmas morning. ❤ :) Angel loves the toys and treats. We’ll see how Rufus reacts it’s his first Christmas with us. so far he loves the ornaments and I can’t wait to see how he is with everything on Christmas morning. :)

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My cats believe that they should be showered with gifts on a daily basis. They do like getting special treats though. I don't put up a tree. Sophie would destroy it in less than a day.

Sophie: "No I wouldn't. I'd just look at it. Honest! :angel:"

"Shhh..... don't tell Mom but I really WOULD. I'd go through that tree like a hot knife through butter.... :insertevillaugh:"

"Oh hey mom. No I wasn't doin' nuthin'.... just sitting here mindin' my own business. Yup. Sure was.. :redtongue:"

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats never paid any special attention to Christmas. I never had a tree and there very few boxes and presents around and no Christmas music. I used to buy them new beds every year but they did not pay much attention to them. They used them but they were no big deal.
your cats didn't pay any special attention to Christmastime, but they did enjoy the new cat beds you gave them each year!!! :clap: that's really good!! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of all the cats we've known, Neely enjoyed holidays the most. :crackup: Bows, wrapping paper and boxes but most of all gift bags that she could crawl into.
your Neely enjoyed the holidays the most -- bows, wrapping paper, boxes, and especially the gift bags!!! :redheartpump: very nice!! :D

that reminds me -- i haven't asked for some brown paper bags (for my cats) at the grocery store in quite a while. i used to ask for a few every so often, and my Mickey :rbheart: and Snick :rbheart: just loved them. :kneading:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Smedley is repeating his tradition of taking his toys into the Christmas tree. He carries his stuffed mouse (last year, it was a fish) in his mouth, then you see the tree shaking. He climbs into the center of the tree, places his toy on the branch, takes it down, and repeats the process for an hour or so. Nut.
ahhh, it sounds like your Smedley enjoys Christmastime very much!!! :thumbsup: most excellent!!

that sounds like a fun game for your boy! :climbcat: if i put up a Christmas tree, i know just what my two girls would do. to them, the tree would be viewed as something new to climb on. :agree:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We have learned not to put bows and ribbons on packages under the tree; it's just asking for trouble. Half the time we don't even use the To/From cards because the kids will claw them off. I write on the paper with a big red marker. And there are times when people find claw marks in the wrapping paper, too. The cats walk on the wrapped packages, they get between the packages, they fight under the tree and the wrapping paper gets clawed. It's pretty obvious this is a cat house.

Banshee used to love to get into the used wrapping paper. As we opened our gifts, we throw the paper on the floor for Banshee to play in. She'd dive into the paper; sometimes, all you could see was her head poking out or we'd see a tail or a little white paw. She was hilarious.

Oh, the kids used to love those brown grocery bags! We'd throw them on the floor and they run into the bags. Whoever got inside first would poke at the bag from inside and the others would pounce from the outside. They had a ball!

Kat0121 Kat0121 what a great picture of the beautiful Miss Sophie! Gosh, but she's gorgeous!

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Laelia and Snickers don't seem to care either way, but Cinder and Toothless LOVE the Christmas trees, Toothless especially. They chase each other under and around the trees and bat the ornaments off, which is OK because we only put unbreakables on the bottom. This year I decided to do all the gift wrapping in the attic and leaving the presents up there so they're safe from Toothless and Cinder. So far it's going well although now that it's gotten colder I've had to dress warmer while wrapping so I don't freeze.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They definitely enjoy Xmas!

All the extra treats, cozy/snuggly season and the extra things to play with :thumbsup: Boxes, sparkly things, ribbons, wrapping paper etc.

Tippy Toes in particular enjoys batting her paw at the ornaments and meowing. Her and Camelot also started playing and running around under the three - thankfully, so far that is the extent of it :lol: nothing disastrous yet! Tree remains nice and sturdy.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wrapping paper is always good for a few laughs and bows are like colored mousies! One year the cats gifts kept GETTING torn open due to the essence of catnip that I couldn't smell but the two cats did. Needless to say after rewrapping several times they got their gifts early!
One year at my brothers on Christmas Eve I had the feeling of being watched, which is creepy. I checked the gigantic tree several times and nothing. He came in the room and I shared my feelings with him. He reached into the tree and pulled out his Iguana! That same holiday his dog peed on the tree and gifts!!!!
ahhh, wrapping paper and bows are great toys for cats! :cutecat: oh my!! your cats knew there was catnip in those wrapped gifts! :lol:

even your brother's iguana enjoys Christmas, or at least the Christmas tree! :biggrin: and his dog peed on the tree and gifts too!! :crackup: