Question of the Day: Sunday, August 14

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
DH and his best friend were supposed to go together to get a tattoo but his friend chickened out. DH said if he didn't go he probably never would so he went and a year later his friend went too. I've thought about a second ear piercing but not a tattoo since my skin tends to bruise easily.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got my first tattoo last July. It's on my right forearm. It has a lot of significance. The globe represents my Master's in GIS (geographic information systems) and it has Scandinavia in it because I want to go there really badly and a significant number of my ancestors are from there. The cat is my late cat Willie who was my soulmate cat. She was 17 when she died in 2017 and she helped me through my decade-long battle with depression. The typewriter represents my love of writing and the quote "Stand up, Keep Fighting," is often attributed to Paul Wellstone, who was a senator for Minnesota who died in a plane crash in 2002. I admired what he stood for and his optimism for the country. The quote also is a reference to my depression and how I should keep fighting even when it gets hard.

20220814_201314.jpg

My sister and I are planning on getting matching tattoos in October when we go to Salem, MA. This is what we are planning on getting. The cat and moon is for the Salem trip and the thermos is a reference to our family's favorite movie, The Jerk.
cattattoothermos (1).jpg

Sugasmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No Tattoos Here Either! My brother is eight years older than me and my sister is seven years older and its so odd that none of us has ever wanted a tattoo or any kind of piercings except our ears pierced, just me and my sister of course, not my brother!!!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
It's an age thing now.. Virtually all of my younger students have tattoos and virtually none of the older ones.
The thing that concerns me is that it's important that they're meaningful and won't date. There are things you love when you're really young, but that make you cringe when you're older. :lol:
I don't have any but if I did it would be an Om symbol or something in Sanskrit as that's very meaningful to me and always will be.

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have one behind my left shoulder. It's a pink breast cancer ribbon with my grandmother's initials on one side and my aunt's on the other. I don't regret it, don't think I ever will. It's interesting that jobs don't seem to really care about tats so long as they're not using nudity or foul language.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I actually have two. They are where no one but my nearest and dearest would ever see them, except for certain medical personnel. One is a heart pierced by two blue roses, and represents my two sons. The other is a mask, with flowers along the ribbons, and represents my hidden life, the one in my mind. I love them. They are deeply personal to me, and it is not necessary that anyone else ever see them, or really, even know that they are there. It is enough that I know.