Question of the Day: Sunday, August 14

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Sunday!
If tattoos looked half as good as this, I may be tempted, but....
1660488410305.png

I don’t like tattoos. However, I do appreciate that, for some people, a tattoo can be a way of bringing someone or something closer. And, one of my cats has a tattoo in each ear. The once brilliant turquoise lettering has faded somewhat, but, should she escape, she would be recognised as a rescue.

Today I learnt something new: tattoos can be removed and today is “National Tattoo Removal Day”

I have never wanted a tattoo and feel quite sorry for those covered in blue ink, where once clean natural skin could be seen. My grandchildren were all looking forward towards their 18th birthday so they could have a tattoo without their parents’ consent but, they are now in their twenties and no tattoos have appeared, not even hidden on the soles of their feet.

So: where are your tattoos? Do you regret having them done?

Are they still brightly coloured and haven’t (yet) slipped below your knees or onto your stomach?

(PS For anyone interested, here is the link! National Tattoo Removal Day)

Last edited:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No tattoos for me. First, I hate needles. Second, I've thought about getting one periodically over the years and even designed a few myself, however, looking back at all the tattoos I would have gotten, I'm glad I didn't because I'm not really "into" them anymore, so I imagine I would have regretted them. And third...I'm simply terrified that it wouldn't turn out the way I would want it. Yeah, you can get them removed, but who wants all that noise? It's painful and expensive.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have asian pride inked on my back arms. I will never regret getting it done since its like a challenge to all racists i might encounter out there "like a here i am what're you gonna do about it"im ready and willing to return hate with hate. I plan to get more soon 2 more atleast one in memory of my mom and one to honor my gf she is a pisces so it will be somthing with koi fish

Attachments

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 3 tats one on each arm the tops, and one on my back. But I've had 4 tattoos the one on my back was a cover up of a tat. Yes I regretted getting my exs name on me. But I did love everything else about that tat.:lol: I got my first at 28 I'm 52 now and the colour looks great they aren't sagging yet.;)

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No tattoos for me; I'm a big sissy about needles and pain.

My cousin has a big hibiscus tattoo that's lovely, plus some stars down her calf that look pretty cool. I wouldn't mind something nice like that but I don't think I can do it.

And, yeah, I feel like portraits and animals rarely come out right, and I would be disappointed if I was stuck with one that looked wrong to me, even if others thought it looked ok.

My grandpa had a big sailing ship tattooed on his chest, a naked lady on one bicep, and a Navy submariner's symbol on the other. They had faded, of course, and the family joke was that his ship had sunk.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ouch the ink on your left foot didnt hurt to get done?
My foot is the only tattoo that hurt. I did not complain or cry, but I did need a small break halfway through. It covers most of the top of my foot and goes up towards my ankle. I think I could have pushed through the pain, but my artist asked me if I would like a break, and it was the only time I told him yes. He kind of laughed and said, "Well, at least now I know you're human."I think that might have to do with the fact that I giggled a bit with each of my other tattoos.

My back is a column of interlocking tattoos that start at the base of my neck and go down to my butt. It is not a solid column, but they average about 5" /5"12 inches wide, with the widest ones between my shoulders and across my lower back.

No tattoos, and yes, tattoos can be removed but it is a very slow and painful process requiring multiple visits for a single tattoo removal. Check out a few YouTube videos if you are thinking about it.
Yes, it is. My sister-in-law is currently getting some removed because she is a flight attendant. She had to agree to have them removed before taking her current job.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I went through a Medical Billing and Coding course the medical and dental assistants couldn't have visible tattoos. They let them use the makeup that covers them instead of having them removed. It did a good job, occasionally a tattoo would very faintly show through it but that could have been how the makeup was applied.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no tatoos and no interest in getting one. I guess I could see as a memorial or tribute to my kitties or something, but it's not worth it. I can't see putting something permanent on my that I'll likely grow tired of. But to each their own.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no tatoos and no interest in getting one. I guess I could see as a memorial or tribute to my kitties or something, but it's not worth it. I can't see putting something permanent on my that I'll likely grow tired of. But to each their own.
My older brother got a tattoo like that. It is his late wife's name, along with the year they were married and the year of her passing. They had been married for 49 years, and he was in his mid-70s at the time.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't have any yet; but I've thought about it. My hesitation is placement. I don't want it super visible; yet I want to be able to see it too. DS doesn't draw much but his one doodle has always been of his stuffed raccoon. DD always used to draw little butterflies with spirals on their wings. So when the time comes those are what I want. But I want them small...maybe an inch each. They have meaning and represent my kids; so I can't see me ever regretting them.

Tattoos don't seem to have the stigma they once did. My bestie has a ton and I've never even noticed anyone at church even bat an eye. If they thought it; they hid it well. But I did have a job where they weren't allowed. So that has always been in my mind. I'm in no rush.