Question Of The Day, Sunday, August 12, 2018

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good afternoon! :wave3:

it's been such a hot and mostly dry summer here, that i've really been looking forward to fall. :D

for today's Question of the Day......

ooops! see below......

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmmm..i just noticed that my Q of the D is pretty much the same as yesterday's. so, i'll put another Q of the Day out there for today!

Is there anything that you've been saving for -- to do or to buy?

i'll start!

i'm always saving for things, in my budget. :agree:

i'm setting aside money for my bulk cat litter purchase this coming fall, for ordering more carob chips and powder this winter, towards the septic pumping in about 3 years, for some bulk foods/beverages and nonfood supplies, and much more!

how about you? what are you saving for?

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a savings account that I would like to use for plastic surgery to fix the after-effects of weight loss or a down payment on a house, but I know that I should just keep the money for an emergency. That is what it'll likely remain too.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
A new front door, a new storm door and a window for above the doors. I'd like to get it all done before the really cold weather sets in. It may turn out to be a Christmas present to us from us. It's not just the cost of the doors and the window; it's also the cost to have everything installed.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We desperately need a new fence but I'd rather put the money towards an update in the house. Not sure what we'll decide to do. :dunno:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I need a new fridge and oven. My fridge is on it's last leg. I have the money it is just a matter of getting my fridge and oven cleaned out.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a savings account that I would like to use for plastic surgery to fix the after-effects of weight loss or a down payment on a house, but I know that I should just keep the money for an emergency. That is what it'll likely remain too.
you have a savings account, and while you have a couple things you'd like to use it for, you'll probably keep it set aside for an emergency!!! :thumbsup: most excellent!! :agree:

that's very smart! i keep several emergency funds. and once i had those set aside, i was able to slowly save towards other things.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A new front door, a new storm door and a window for above the doors. I'd like to get it all done before the really cold weather sets in. It may turn out to be a Christmas present to us from us. It's not just the cost of the doors and the window; it's also the cost to have everything installed.
you're saving for a new front door and storm door, plus a window for above the doors!!! :clap: that's awesome!! :D

i'm sure that will look lovely, especially the window above the doors!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We desperately need a new fence but I'd rather put the money towards an update in the house. Not sure what we'll decide to do. :dunno:
ahhh, a choice between a new fence or an update in your house!!! :thumbsup: that's great!! :)

either choice sounds wonderful! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I need a new fridge and oven. My fridge is on it's last leg. I have the money it is just a matter of getting my fridge and oven cleaned out.
you've set aside money for buying a new fridge and oven! :clap: really very nice!! :D

when i replaced the fridge in my kitchen, i just piled everything into boxes nearby, the delivery men hauled the old fridge out, i cleaned the floor where the fridge was (the best time to clean that real quick), then they moved the new fridge into place.

i understand that you're limited in what you're able to do. :alright: do you know someone, or someone who has a teen or young adult son/daughter, who might come and help you? or you might try contacting the county office for the aging in your area (if you qualify by your age), to see what help might be available.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you've set aside money for buying a new fridge and oven! :clap: really very nice!! :D

when i replaced the fridge in my kitchen, i just piled everything into boxes nearby, the delivery men hauled the

old fridge out, i cleaned the floor where the fridge was (the best time to clean that real quick), then they moved the new fridge into place.

i understand that you're limited in what you're able to do.

:alright: do you know someone, or someone who has a teen or young adult son/daughter, who might come and help you? or you might try contacting the county office for the aging in your area (if you qualify by your age), to see what help might be available.
My sister is coming over tomorrow to help me clean up my kitchen. I have stuff piled all over. I am going to have to throw away of food and that kills me. I have old stuff in the freezer and canned food on the counters.

Maybe I can get her to help when I get the new fridge and oven. I don't get too much help from her. I am surprised she is coming over tomorrow.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister is coming over tomorrow to help me clean up my kitchen. I have stuff piled all over. I am going to have to throw away of food and that kills me. I have old stuff in the freezer and canned food on the counters.

Maybe I can get her to help when I get the new fridge and oven. I don't get too much help from her. I am surprised she is coming over tomorrow.
that's great!! :clap: