Question Of The Day, Sunday, April 30, 2017

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good morning! :wave3:

friday i made some pulled pork, inside, using the oven -- Main Dishes and Entrees - Meat . it tasted sooo very good, and has got me thinking about grilled foods.

for today's Question of the Day......

What grilled foods do you like? (can be made on an outdoors or indoors (like a george foreman or tabletop) grill, made at home or bought, or even can be something like a grilled cheese sandwich! ;) )

i'll start!

i think my favorite is a hamburger, made on an outdoor grill! a close second would be bbq chicken, which my favorite has always been bought from a local chicken bbq event -- you can smell the aroma of the bbq chicken for miles when there's one of those events here.

i also really like grilled vegetables! :yummy: i like most grilled foods, but not a fan of ribs or chicken wings.

and i absolutely adore a grilled cheese sandwich! a comfort food for me.

how about you?

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My favorite is also a burger. I like it cooked on an outdoor charcoal grill. My second favorite is it's upscale brother, a steak, preferably a New York steak. I also like fresh corn on the cob grilled on a charcoal grill. This may sound odd but I also like fresh pineapple grilled on a charcoal grill.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A grilled cheese is my favorite. My b/l grilled some vegetables on his outside grill one time and they were the best I ever tasted.

Muffy

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm not a fan of grilling - too much work, moving all the stuff out to the grill, then back in. Did away with my grill some years ago.

But grilled food - depends on the chef! Friends of mine routinely make chicken (cut up) on the grill. They have the outside charcoal and in near the bone is nearly raw - I HATE it!

Italian sausage is best done on the grill, in my book! Be sure to either cut in half, or use a fork and pierce the skin so the fat drips out. MMMMMmmmmm, add some green pepper and onions, also from the grill and I am in heaven! LOL

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I love everything that is cooked on an old fashioned charcoal grill ..Just cannot beat the flavor.. and basted with melted butter.. no sauce, just butter!! YUM!

Steak, chicken, kielbasa, hot dogs, hamburgers.. yum!

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Strange you should post this as a question. I "Inherited" an electric outdoor grill--small size, brand new~ never used.

My neighbor is moving, and she 'gifted' me with this. I really did not want it, it is just me...I could not say "NO" without hurting her feelings.. she really wanted me to have it.

I am wondering if it would be worth trying it out? The part that is concerning me is the clean up of the grill and catch basin. She purchased it from QVC. It is not highly rated, without instruction manual, but is brand new and shiny.

I hate having stinky stuff on my balcony because of the potential for attacking flies.. hate bugs, of all kinds..

I do not want to waste a good piece of steak or chicken on the grill.. maybe I will try it with a couple of hot dogs... just as a check..
It has a variable thermostat and a temperature gauge on the dome cover.

I think I am going to need help with this one... timing for meals, etc..

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not a fan of grilled foods either. Maybe just bad memories of my parents grilling when I was growing up.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
My neighbor is moving, and she 'gifted' me with this. I really did not want it, it is just me...I could not say "NO" without hurting her feelings.. she really wanted me to have it.

I am wondering if it would be worth trying it out? The part that is concerning me is the clean up of the grill and catch basin. She purchased it from QVC. It is not highly rated, without instruction manual, but is brand new and shiny.
Sometimes, when you buy stuff from QVC (and other places), they will have the manual with a recipe book online. Put your grill's name and model number into Google and see if you can find something. When I bought my air fryer from Bed, Bath, and Beyond, I found a small recipe book online and I used it until I got the hang of the AF. Similarly, I found an air fryer cookbook online for an AF that was being hawked at QVC. It doesn't hurt to look and you might find a manual for your grill.

For example, I know that QVC sells Masterbuilt electric portable grills, so here's the web page for it: MASTERBUILT SSSMPG INSTRUCTION MANUAL Pdf Download. Up at the top, you find links to instruction manuals, the owner's manual, etc.

And I would definitely recommend at least trying the electric grill out. With some burgers or maybe some dogs. See what you think.

We like a good steak done on the grill. Pulled pork, ham, chicken, salmon, shrimp, veggies, you name it, we'll grill it. We really like grilled pizza. Grilled peach halves, apple slices, grilled stuffed tomatoes, zucchini boats, we eat anything done on the grill.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We don't grill too often anymore but being vegetarian the only thing I cook on the grill is portobello mushrooms or other veggies. :wink:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes, when you buy stuff from QVC (and other places), they will have the manual with a recipe book online. Put your grill's name and model number into Google and see if you can find something. When I bought my air fryer from Bed, Bath, and Beyond, I found a small recipe book online and I used it until I got the hang of the AF. Similarly, I found an air fryer cookbook online for an AF that was being hawked at QVC. It doesn't hurt to look and you might find a manual for your grill.

For example, I know that QVC sells Masterbuilt electric portable grills, so here's the web page for it: MASTERBUILT SSSMPG INSTRUCTION MANUAL Pdf Download. Up at the top, you find links to instruction manuals, the owner's manual, etc.

And I would definitely recommend at least trying the electric grill out. With some burgers or maybe some dogs. See what you think.

We like a good steak done on the grill. Pulled pork, ham, chicken, salmon, shrimp, veggies, you name it, we'll grill it. We really like grilled pizza. Grilled peach halves, apple slices, grilled stuffed tomatoes, zucchini boats, we eat anything done on the grill.

Thanks!! Winchester Winchester I have to check this out!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite is also a burger. I like it cooked on an outdoor charcoal grill. My second favorite is it's upscale brother, a steak, preferably a New York steak. I also like fresh corn on the cob grilled on a charcoal grill. This may sound odd but I also like fresh pineapple grilled on a charcoal grill.
a burger! great choice!!! :clap: and yes, on an outdoor charcoal grill. oh my! grilled fresh pineapple sounds just heavenly!!! :yummy:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not a fan of grilling - too much work, moving all the stuff out to the grill, then back in. Did away with my grill some years ago.

But grilled food - depends on the chef! Friends of mine routinely make chicken (cut up) on the grill. They have the outside charcoal and in near the bone is nearly raw - I HATE it!

Italian sausage is best done on the grill, in my book! Be sure to either cut in half, or use a fork and pierce the skin so the fat drips out. MMMMMmmmmm, add some green pepper and onions, also from the grill and I am in heaven! LOL
i can understand that! :agree: it's just me i'm cooking for, so it's not worth the time, energy, and cost (grill, charcoal) to grill.

yes, most definitely depends on the chef! my dad used to have that problem when grilling chicken. if i'm not mistaken, parboiling the chicken before putting it on the grill is a solution. then the grill finishes the cooking of the chicken while it browns, and the bbq sauce doesn't become charcoal.

grilled Italian sausage, peppers, and onions!!! :yummy:

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If someone else is doing the cooking, I love fajitas, and pretty much barbequed anything. If I have to do the cooking and the cleanup, it's gotta be something simple, like grilled chicken breasts, hamburgers, or sausage. :wink:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love everything that is cooked on an old fashioned charcoal grill ..Just cannot beat the flavor.. and basted with melted butter.. no sauce, just butter!! YUM!

Steak, chicken, kielbasa, hot dogs, hamburgers.. yum!
yes! the flavor of foods cooked on a charcoal grill is just wonderful!!! :agree: ooooo! grilled kielbasa!! :clap:

Strange you should post this as a question. I "Inherited" an electric outdoor grill--small size, brand new~ never used.

I hate having stinky stuff on my balcony because of the potential for attacking flies.. hate bugs, of all kinds..

I do not want to waste a good piece of steak or chicken on the grill.. maybe I will try it with a couple of hot dogs... just as a check..
It has a variable thermostat and a temperature gauge on the dome cover.

I think I am going to need help with this one... timing for meals, etc..
that's very nice of your neighbor, to gift you with the electric outdoor grill! i think i might feel similar to how you feel about it, if it were me. an electric grill though......maybe not quite the flavor that a charcoal grill would give, but for one person it would make more sense. :think:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
<snip>

most excellent!!! :thumbsup:

mmmm......grilled peach halves and apple slices!! :yummy:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If someone else is doing the cooking, I love fajitas, and pretty much barbequed anything. If I have to do the cooking and the cleanup, it's gotta be something simple, like grilled chicken breasts, hamburgers, or sausage. :wink:
mmmm......fajitas!!! :thumbsup: and grilled hamburgers! :yummy:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Grilled steak is my favorite. My preference is a bone in rib eye rare with a very light sprinkle of coarse sea salt on both sides. I also like grilled chicken if it has been marinated. Grilled veggies are yummy too. I also like ribs (both beef and pork) grilled with wood smoke and a good rub on them. Of course burgers are great but I tend to cook them inside more. It feels like a waste to get coals going for one or two burgers.

Charcoal grilling only for me.