Question of the Day, Sunday, 6th of June, 2021

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a church wedding.My bride's maids and I were in the minister's office waiting for the time to go down the aisle. The minister asked if my husband-to-be or I had made arrangements with the organist as she wasn't there! The minister was so nice, he called her for me. Luckily she lived close by and didn't have any other appointments. She rushed right over and our wedding started on time.

When we arrived at the hall we had rented for the reception we found out we hadn't been told it wasn't air conditioned. This was in June, in the hot humid east coast. Everything went well and we sweated through it. Everyone was amazed that our beautiful wedding cake was made by my husband's best man, who was a mechanic and a cake decorator. Someone later jokingly asked if it had oil on it. :flail:

My husband passed away or tomorrow would have been our 41st anniversary.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had some drama. When planning the wedding my mother and I had a BIG argument. It was bad enough we didn't speak for about a week. She and my Dad wanted to pay for our wedding and have all the usual money wasters - flowers, reception etc. We wanted to just have immediate family, no frills and no reception. My parents were not financially able to pay for anything like she wanted to do. They would have had to go into debt. My soon to be hubby and I neither one wanted that or the hullabaloo of a wedding that size. I told her if we were old enough to get married, we were old enough to pay for it ourselves. We did it our way, Immediate family, the preacher and his wife. The two of us went out to dinner afterwards. The only concession was we moved to a local church instead of the park we had planned since it rained. My mother was in charge of returning the key to the pastor of the church (we used a different minister) and she lost it! I spent the first 30 minutes of my marriage looking for a key in the grass. The night before Bill (Hubby) and I had a HUGE fight about what his Dad was going to wear. My father was disabled and really couldn't handle wearing a suit and tie so I asked Bill to ask his Dad dress more casual. He didn't want to do it, but when he did his Dad told him he hadn't planned on wearing a suit anyway. To top everything off, Bill went to the dentist the morning of the wedding. He was so worried about not being able to say his vows he refused the novicane when they filled the tooth. And for to give you a laugh, here is one of our official photos - keep in mind this was 44 years ago!.

Attachments

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had some drama. When planning the wedding my mother and I had a BIG argument. It was bad enough we didn't speak for about a week. She and my Dad wanted to pay for our wedding and have all the usual money wasters - flowers, reception etc. We wanted to just have immediate family, no frills and no reception. My parents were not financially able to pay for anything like she wanted to do. They would have had to go into debt. My soon to be hubby and I neither one wanted that or the hullabaloo of a wedding that size. I told her if we were old enough to get married, we were old enough to pay for it ourselves. We did it our way, Immediate family, the preacher and his wife. The two of us went out to dinner afterwards. The only concession was we moved to a local church instead of the park we had planned since it rained. My mother was in charge of returning the key to the pastor of the church (we used a different minister) and she lost it! I spent the first 30 minutes of my marriage looking for a key in the grass. The night before Bill (Hubby) and I had a HUGE fight about what his Dad was going to wear. My father was disabled and really couldn't handle wearing a suit and tie so I asked Bill to ask his Dad dress more casual. He didn't want to do it, but when he did his Dad told him he hadn't planned on wearing a suit anyway. To top everything off, Bill went to the dentist the morning of the wedding. He was so worried about not being able to say his vows he refused the novicane when they filled the tooth. And for to give you a laugh, here is one of our official photos - keep in mind this was 44 years ago!.
You won't get a laugh out of me- you did see that picture of Michele and me, didn't you?

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a sweet couple. Young and in love!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
You look great!! Farrah Fawcet do!!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww! Beautiful picture. Your husband's suit does scream 70s for sure!