Question of The Day. Sunday 5th of December

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was in my mid teens my sister gave me a deep purple velvet mini dress for Christmas. There was nothing farther away from my (draw no attention to myself) style than that dress and of course it was never worn. I also once got a sweater from my step mom that had these little puff balls that sort of looked like cat toys attached all over. And unfortunately two were at boob level looking just like a extra pair of nipples. Straight into the trash it went.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was in my mid teens my sister gave me a deep purple velvet mini dress for Christmas. There was nothing farther away from my (draw no attention to myself) style than that dress and of course it was never worn. I also once got a sweater from my step mom that had these little puff balls that sort of looked like cat toys attached all over. And unfortunately two were at boob level looking just like a extra pair of nipples. Straight into the trash it went.
You should have detached the puff balls to use as cat toys. ;)

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It wasn't a gift I received. It was a gift my DH received from his mom. A pair of moccasin-like slippers. The had those rubber nubs on the bottom of them that were supposed to mimic reflexology for the feet. They did not. They were also made from the thinnest "suede" known to man. DH called them feet torture chambers and also said that it reminded him of wearing cleats. They made me think of an "as seen on TV" product that you'd find at a flea market which they probably were. My MIL used to love shopping at flea markets (nothing wrong with that. I do too).

He thanked her, of course but not long after he told me that he couldn't wear them and he had thrown them out. I was looking for something in the closet one day and there they were. I asked him if had thrown them away and he said yes. I told him they were in the closet. He asked me how they got in there. How should I know? They are your cleats. He again said he was throwing them out. A few months later I saw them under his nightstand. The haunted cleats from hades. :lol:

TubbyBubby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I can’t think of anything that I‘ve gotten that I didn’t like! You could give me a seashell or a cool rock you found outside and tell me it reminded you of me and I would be very happy haha. I guess if someone gave me something that I was allergic to and couldn’t eat that would be the one exception lol

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was actually in my stocking from my former mother-in-law: 90% of the candy he had peanut butter (I am allergic), a disposable razor, some walnuts, and a pair of large socks. I wear a size. 4 1/2 shoe. My ex- husband and I had been together for about 15 years when it happened.

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My former mother-in-law once gifted me with a "Mom" teacup ... it wasn't the cup itself, it's just that it came to me pre-stained and pre-cracked, and wasn't the sort of thing that might have been an heirloom -- the "Mom" and verse design were of the sort printed on some sort of sheet and glued onto the side with a glaze over the whole thing.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can’t think of anything that I‘ve gotten that I didn’t like! You could give me a seashell or a cool rock you found outside and tell me it reminded you of me and I would be very happy haha. I guess if someone gave me something that I was allergic to and couldn’t eat that would be the one exception lol
I feel that way too. I am grateful when I get a gift. When it's not something I particularly like or use, I usually give it to DD. When we were at the office, I'd get gift cards from Olive Garden for birthdays, etc. I do not like that place. They went right to DD. She and her BF were happy to take them off my hands.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Wine (I don't drink, and they knew it). Someone gave me a page-a-day type calendar...for the previous year (methinks it was in the bargain bin, and they were probably pleased with themselves, thinking they got a great bargain). This one isn't Christmas, but, shortly after I was diagnosed with diabetes, my best friend and co-worker, who knew all about it, gave me a chocolate Easter rabbit, saying, "I thought you could eat this when you test your blood sugar, to see if if goes up." Seriously. :doh: Broken jewelry for a birthday gift (she knew it was used and broken). At work, people, including me, would leave items in good condition in the staff lunchroom to take. Imagine my surprise, when unwrapping one of my birthday gifts at work (everyone stood around, watching you), I received an item I had recently put in the staff lunchroom.

I'm starting to think that people don't like me. :lol: I've stopped exchanging gifts and cards, except at Christmas, and even then, only with close family members (I no longer do Christmas cards because I just don't feel like doing them).

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One year, my aunt---now deceased, gave me a roll of scented drawer liners
I wouldn't mind trying them if they were vanilla scented.

The worst gift I ever received was from a former boss - red velvet hangers
My mother bought my brother & sister-in-law blue velvet hangers off the shopping channel. They were really expensive, but I knew they probably wouldn't like them. They never even thanked her! Probably best not to buy that type of thing unless you know somebody's taste. I prefer washable hangers.