Question of the Day, Sunday 5 March 2020

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't really think of anything. I guess McDonalds or Chinese food from one of our local Chinese restaurants. But that has nothing to do with our current situation. We don't get those two very often, and I just crave them periodically.
Because I'm not working, it doesn't feel like such a chore to cook. I've got more time to prepare, so I'm making really good stuff, (if I do say so myself).

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chinese food from one of our local Chinese restaurants.
I'm craving Vegetable Lo Mein from my local Chinese restaurant. But now that I'm vegetarian I don't know how to ask them if there are any meat products in it like fish sauce or chicken broth. They speak absolutely no English at all, you have to either point to what you want on the menu or just get it off the buffet yourself. Maybe I could learn a few Chinese words?

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm craving Vegetable Lo Mein from my local Chinese restaurant. But now that I'm vegetarian I don't know how to ask them if there are any meat products in it like fish sauce or chicken broth. They speak absolutely no English at all, you have to either point to what you want on the menu or just get it off the buffet yourself. Maybe I could learn a few Chinese words?
The Chinese restaurants I've been to indicate vegetarian dishes on the menu with a little symbol.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
An Italian meatball sandwich, with a side of banana peppers and cherry 7 up from the Dariette. It’s a tiny drive in near me that has been serving Italian food, burgers and chicken since the 50’s.

Last edited:

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Everywhere here is still open, so there's nothing I can't get...however! Just being out of America, there are things I miss. American-style pizza for one. There was a place here that came very close, but they suddenly closed back in January and I haven't recovered from the heatbreak.

Just saw a facebook post from the place I used to frequent in Chicago. Square-cut thin crust pizza. Oh man. We have Pizza Hut, Dominos, and Papa John's here, but like, I never ate at those places in the states. Minnesota had a bunch of good local chains (Pizza Luce, Davanni's, etc). I worked at a Godfather's Pizza while in high school and still see facebook posts from them too...ugh, there's nothing like a piece of cheese pizza from Godfather's after it's been sitting on the buffet for 30 minutes...(that's when it would be replaced by fresh pizza, so we could eat it instead of throwing it out, IMHO that's when it was best haha) I suppose no one's eating pizza buffet right now...

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would like to have a thin crust pizza with extra cheese, olives and mushrooms from Pizza Hut.

Shouldn't the name of this thread read April 5, 2020 instead of March 5, 2020?

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not really sure what it's called in other places, but anything like bandera bread (pizza dough, Italian dressing and seasoning, mozzarella and parmesan) from Boston Pizza. It was my go-to order anytime I went to a place that served something like it. Unfortunately (maybe not for my metabolism, lol) I stopped eating it once I essentially became lactose intolerant a few years ago. I'm at the point now where I'd just pop a Lactaid pill or six before chowing down. :lol2: