Question of the Day, Sunday 5 March 2020

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Morning and Happy Sunday!!

I've been pondering about food because that is what I do. Right now I'm certain there are certain foods and restaurants you are craving but you can't have. If you could have anything to eat now what would it be?

I would have the seafood platter from Ken Stewart's in Akron. There is about 7 different kinds of fish and seafood and it's amazing. The crab cakes are the best I've had.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I don't know. We've been getting take out once a week, so I've still been getting some outside food. It's more the experience I am really missing. I'd love to be able to walk into a restaurant, sit down and order a drink and a meal and just relax.

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a local soul food place that specializes in baked potatoes. Loaded baked potatoes. These things are the size of at least two regular baked potatoes. I think you get about three days' worth of calories per order by my God are they phenomenal.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been hooked on Qdoba burrito bowls lately. There's one in my parents' town, but it's on the university campus so it's closed right now. So the closest one is in Sioux Falls. I went shopping there last week and got Qdoba takeout, but I'm trying really hard not to go shopping more than strictly necessary so none this week, boo.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
small local diner that is only open for breakfast and lunch. They make the most amazing pumpkin pancakes.
We have a little café like that and they only serve breakfast until 11am, so I haven't made it there yet. But they serve flavored pancakes with cream cheese frosting on them. Sounds a little sweet, but it might be good.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's no particular meal I miss. I have to cook for someone at home anyway, so when I go out, I haven't saved myself a job. But.... I do miss my once-a-month lunch with several old friends from my working days. The restaurant we go to does home deliveries, But, it's not the food I miss, it's the company! :wavey:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a Thai restaurant we found that I really like and would love to be able to go to or a small local diner that is only open for breakfast and lunch. They make the most amazing pumpkin pancakes.
We don't have any Thai restaurants anywhere around here, but there is a little hole in the wall place that is- in normal times, anyway- only open for breakfast and lunch. They make all of their own bread and pastries, but there is nothing fancy about the food- just good stuff well prepared.