Question Of The Day, Sunday 4 August, 2019

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd firstly move to Spain and buy a large house in the countryside somewhere in Andalusia. I'm getting tired of England, haha! I'd also buy a retirement house for my mother in Provence, France which has always been her dream. Then I'd adopt a Daschund or a King Charles Spaniel and save the rest!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pay off everything. Move to a house with some acreage. $3M isn't all that much after taxes. Uncle Sam will be taking about a third of it. If you live in a state that also has income tax, they will be wanting their share too. I will never do that again.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pay off my student loans, buy a house, put more money into my retirement and investment accounts, start working part-time to keep my health insurance, pay for grad school, give some money to my family members.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would give ten percent of it to my church. If the taxes were not taken out, then I would take my husband on a shopping trip to buy himself whatever kind of pickup truck he wanted. Then I would talk to a financial advisor and invest the rest. I love where I live so I wouldn't want a new house. I would probably spend some of it to update my kitchen.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I know $3 million sounds like a lot but in these times, it really isn't. Sorry to be a poop, but most of you would be broke by the third line of your dreams.

I would make sure there was enough money to assure my husband's and my care for the rest of our lives. The I would either make our current house handicapped accessible or have one built that would be. Then the rest would be taken up by making sure our daughter was financially secure, or as far as the remaining money would go. That would most surely spend everything.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah. Not much would change, except I wouldn't have to worry about money :D. But that's not enough to be richy-rich kind of money.

I would build a specific cat home, with indoor and outdoor areas. Like what Best Friends has. I think one can be built for under $50,000 so that wouldn't be a problem.

And I'd probably build a new house on the property. I plan to do that in about 10 years anyway, once the property is paid off and I've saved enough so the mortgage won't have to be too large. So having some ready money would speed that up for sure.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Pay off everything. Move to a house with some acreage. $3M isn't all that much after taxes. Uncle Sam will be taking about a third of it. If you live in a state that also has income tax, they will be wanting their share too. I will never do that again.
I meant 3mil cold hard cash, taxes already taken out. Should've put that in the OT>

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'd pay off my mortgage. make home improvements. invest the rest in low risk investments. i'd live the same as i do now, the same lifestyle.

foster one pregnant cat at a time -- see her through the pregnancy, care for the kittens and have them spayed/neutered and find them good homes, have momma cat spayed, and then find her a good home. then start the process again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I know $3 million sounds like a lot but in these times, it really isn't. Sorry to be a poop, but most of you would be broke by the third line of your dreams.
It's a lot to me!

Puff Kitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would pay off my student loans and other bills, buy a house, a new car, and then consult a financial advisor so that I can invest the rest of it wisely.