Question of the day, Sunday, 31st January, 2021

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did sledding as a kid. I took ice skating lessons and still love to ice skate though I don't do it often. I've been downhill skiing two or three times, but not since my teen years. I had fun and would do it again.

I've never been snowboarding, snowmobiling or cross country skiing.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like sledding! We don’t really have proper sledding hills here though. The last time I went DH and I were engaged and it snowed at his moms for Christmas so they borrowed a sled from the neighbors.

Most of my cousins took figure skating lessons as kids or played hockey. I never got into it. I could skate a little but I haven’t tried in a loooong time. We do have one rink but my kids would need someone else to teach them because I’m not really interested. Skiing isn’t my thing either. I’ll stick with sledding.

My dad is a big snowmobiler but I’ve only been on one maybe twice that I remember. We don’t really have snow for that here either. He can go up into the mountains.

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
I grew up playing ice hockey with a childhood friend (I was a goalie, so less skating than normal). I also used to snowboard and ski, until I was cut off by a kid who crossed my skis, causing me to get thrown into a chair lift pole, destroying my kneecap.
*Sigh* those were the days. But winter is my favorite season, so I say bring on the snow! 🌨

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Ice skated a few times. Enjoyed it lots! Going fast is fun! That was many years ago and I would not try it now.

Spent a winter in New Hampshire and had my own skis, at least until I broke them across my face at Suicide Six in Vermont.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I grew up playing ice hockey with a childhood friend (I was a goalie, so less skating than normal). I also used to snowboard and ski, until I was cut off by a kid who crossed my skis, causing me to get thrown into a chair lift pole, destroying my kneecap.
*Sigh* those were the days. But winter is my favorite season, so I say bring on the snow! 🌨
I wiped out on my first run down at Steamboat Springs years ago and my body was so bruised
and sore I couldn't ski the entire time we were there. Had an amazing time snowmobiling in Root
National forest. We had 2 guides and were very close to Wyoming. That's what they mean when
someone says pristine. So the whole trip wasn't a bust.

Is your knee ok now?

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't tried any, bit too long in the tooth to start now. We get very little snow in my area, too near the sea and the salt air.
But you climbed that mountain, Sis. That counts!! Didn't a bird poop on your head? tee, hee

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, I climbed Snowden years ago and out of the hundreds of people climbing the mountain, the seagull chose my head to poop on. I'm so lucky.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I climbed Snowden years ago and out of the hundreds of people climbing the mountain, the seagull chose my head to poop on. I'm so lucky.
He chose the the most beautiful girl on the mountain!