micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good morning! :wave3:

a simple Question......

Do you like spicy/hot foods?

i'll start!

i do enjoy spicy foods, though not too spicy/hot. maybe a 'happy medium' -- enough spicy to it, but i still want to taste the food...not only spicy.

recently, i'd bought some hot pepper american cheese......wow! that's some hot cheese :runaround: . i used it in some casseroles, which turned out good. i have more hot pepper cheese (i shredded it, and have it frozen), and will likely be using a mix of half hot pepper cheese and half mild cheddar cheese in upcoming meals/casseroles. :agree:

How about you?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
ooooh, hot pepper American cheese....that sounds yummy!

I like hot and spicy, but not where the tears are running down my face while I'm eating it. (Many moons ago, when I worked at the paper plant, a co-worker brought in some hot pickled cauliflower. He sat there and gobbled that stuff down; the whole time the tears were running and his face was red. When he drank the pickling juice, I swear there was smoke coming out of his ears. That's a little too hot for me!)

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i absolutely LOVE hot and spicy! And nothing is too hot. It's really strange, 44 years ago when I was pregnant with my son, spicy food was my craving. Double whammy since it gave me heartburn too! It never went away! I grow my own peppers so I can make my salsa extra hot, I make my own, then some for 'normal' people. I dry some, grind them and use them on everything from mashed potatoes, to soup, to eggs. I even carry a bottle with me at times. You can ask anyone and they know, especially since I make them several times a week, my favorite meal in teh whole world.....HOMEMADE TACOS!

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not anymore. I can't handle it at all. Or barely.
Partially has to do with a medication I'm taking that mucks with the flavor of things but also, getting older and just not dealing as well with the effects of the heat. Wish I could though because certain foods really are better with at least some kick to it (Indian, Thai, etc)

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like spicy food as long as it isn't so hot that all I get is heat, I want to be able to taste it. Now that I am older I can't eat spicy food in the evening, it no longer makes for a restful night. I have to eat it for lunch or for a very early combination lunch/dinner.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to hate spicy food but as long as it’s not making me tear up or making me drink lots of fluid with it I’ll eat it.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I like moderately spicy food. I use hot sauce on almost everything but not the super hot habañero sauces.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Wish I could though because certain foods really are better with at least some kick to it (Indian, Thai, etc)
I like both Thai and Indian food but I'd have to say I like spicy more than hot dishes.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like spicy food. I like a good level of heat that might be hotter than some others would like but I'd never do one of those challenges where you have to eat the hottest wings ever or anything like that. At that point, you just can't enjoy it. If anyone likes a good sriracha sauce, Tabasco makes an excellent one. I keep a bottle at home and one at work. Sriracha Sauce - TABASCO® Brand

I've been a fan of their original pepper sauce for decades. I always keep a bottle of that handy as well. When I noticed that they came out with a sriracha, I was all over it. There's something special about the addition of the peppers that they grow on Avery Island that just takes the sauce to a new level. I used the Huy Fong sriracha for quite a while but I actually prefer Tabasco's version.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like spicy, moderately hot food. Mozambique chicken curry (without the tomatoes!) and Szechuan duck are two of my favorite dinners.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like spicy, but not too hot. I've noticed as I grow older, I like less and less hot. I have a chili recipe I've made for 30 years or so and started out with 2 tsp. of red pepper flakes. I'm now down to 1/2 tsp.

I bought some whole dried red peppers at an ethnic grocery store, enough to last a lifetime, and sometimes add two or three of those to stir-frys. If they don't break open, they add a marvelous flavor without the heat.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I always thought I was a major wimp regarding spicy-hot foods, and that's true but I love pepper jack cheese and I eat Famous Daves spicy pickle chips out of the jar LOL