Question Of The Day, Sunday, 3/17/19

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good morning! :wave3:

today's Question is related to desserts -- which i love! :D

What type of baking chips do you like? (for example, semisweet chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, vanilla chips, butterscotch chips, and etc)

i'll start!

i love baking, and i really enjoy trying different baking chips.

i don't do chocolate (it's the caffeine in it that i don't do), but i do use carob chips quite often. the ones i buy are 'milk sweetened', and taste like semisweet chocolate chips. these are the main baking chip i use, though i'll try others here and there.

i also like vanilla baking chips a lot -- not white chocolate. the ones i buy are Hershey's brand, and have a good vanilla flavor to them. :yummy: i'll be using some soon to make vanilla with (maraschino) cherries fudge!

i've also used butterscotch chips, peanut butter chips, and cinnamon chips -- which i've liked. :D

i've come across caramel with sea salt baking chips, too. i haven't tried them......yet, but they sound like they'd be really good! :agree:

okay, now it's your turn!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really bake, but I do like to have a bag of milk chocolate chips to snack on :yummy:
you like milk chocolate chips!!! :thumbsup: excellent!! :)

no need to use them to bake with! i'll almost always nibble on some carob chips while i'm baking with them. and i also use them to mix into vanilla yogurt! :yummy:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i don't do chocolate
I don't like chocolate either. I didn't know that there were other flavors of baking chips besides chocolate. Maybe I'll try them sometime. I don't eat dessert much though, it's too sweet. I prefer a slice of pizza or plate of pasta. The only time I'll eat dessert is if it's really exciting, with different textures and bits in it.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I very rarely bake anymore, I used to when the kids were still at home. I have used more of the semisweet chocolate then any of the others mainly for chocolate chip cookies. None of us were big fans of raisins so I would add the butterscotch chips to oatmeal cookies. I think the official name for those cookies was Oatmeal Scotchies, they were good. I think the semisweet chocolate and butterscotch are the only ones that I have used. I am not a fan of white chocolate so I wouldn't care for the white chocolate chips.

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
peanut butter and carob (I'm non dairy). I think my favorite is cinnamon chips but I've never bought and used them. I like them in scones though. I'd like to try making my own version of a non-diary cinnamon chip scone some day. Even if they come out as heavy as a sodden brick they will at least make the house smell nice.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like chocolate either. I didn't know that there were other flavors of baking chips besides chocolate. Maybe I'll try them sometime. I don't eat dessert much though, it's too sweet. I prefer a slice of pizza or plate of pasta. The only time I'll eat dessert is if it's really exciting, with different textures and bits in it.
i can understand that!! :agree:

i think it's chocolate baking chips that we see most in the stores.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I very rarely bake anymore, I used to when the kids were still at home. I have used more of the semisweet chocolate then any of the others mainly for chocolate chip cookies. None of us were big fans of raisins so I would add the butterscotch chips to oatmeal cookies. I think the official name for those cookies was Oatmeal Scotchies, they were good. I think the semisweet chocolate and butterscotch are the only ones that I have used. I am not a fan of white chocolate so I wouldn't care for the white chocolate chips.
you like semisweet chocolate chips, as well as butterscotch chips!!! :thumbsup: great!! :)

i'm not a big fan of raisins, either. though, i'll use them in baking or in cooking occasionally.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
The only baking chips available here are semi-sweet chocolate, and they're not always in stock. I occasionally used butterscotch chips in the US, but mainly semi-sweet chocolate.