Question of The Day. Sunday 29th of August

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
usually if you purchase a vehicle from the lot rather than have them order the one you want it does save some money......at least around here.
Someone told me---and I have no idea if it's true because there's no possibility I'll ever buy a brand new car, lol---that it's actually slightly cheaper to order one than to buy off the lot, but it can take several months and most people don't want to wait so they don't care.

Thanks for the wrapping advice. I noticed that my current vehicle has clear wrap on the front of the hood and on the bottom door corners, but I (naively) thought maybe that was something they did at the factory on newer models, haha. So if I ever get a new-ish car without it, now I know I can have it done myself!
I think there might be an old oil change sticker Jiffy Lube may have put on that I ignored because my car lets me know when the oil life is low.
Yeah, I go by my vehicle settings too, I think I'm 3,000 miles over what the sticker says but I'm still at 25%.
My father, who bought a new car every 2-to-4 years beginning with a 1930 Model A, took immaculate care of them and would not allow anything to sully the purity of his prize possessions.
My dad isn't that particular about his vehicles, but he still doesn't like magnets or stickers. He says magnets cause scratches (dirt gets under the magnet) and stickers, of course, stick. So that probably got unconsciously ingrained in me too.

Last edited:

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not at the moment, but a couple of years ago on my old car I had magnetic "I <3 My Cats" and "I <3 My Jack Russell Terrier" and a Canadian flag.

Haven't had any new ones catch my eye so far, though would want ones that have to do with kitties of course or tailgaters. Don't want actual sticker versions either.

But I really want to get my mom a "I <3 My Grandcats" one really badly lol

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a window cling that says something about sticking with my union. I also have a bumper sticker that says "Our dreams unite us" which is in support of DACA. I also have "My cat is a democrat" and a sticker for the ACLU and Southern Poverty Law Center (that one was added by my mom when she owned the car). Lastly, I also have a cat lady emblem with a bunch of cats in various places around the car. I'll have to get pictures when I go outside later.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, since many drivers in my neck of the woods should go back to driving school or have their licenses revoked because they constantly break every rule in the book, I had this one on my front bumper.
90_550x550_Front_Color-White.jpg

Then I had this other bumper sticker because I got so sick of all those Stick Family bumper stickers.😉😁 Other than that, I usually don't put bumper stickers or decals on my car.
90_550x550_Front_Color-White (1).jpg

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't have any stickers/clings/etc on my car. I used to have one on the windshield for parking at work, but when the facility was moved they switched us to hang tags (and I've gotten a new vehicle since then, or at least new to me). Of course, now I work from home, but still don't have anything on my car.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My DH has a “thing” about stickers/labels/decals… he can’t stand them. He recently decided it was ok to put ones for a local listener supported radio station on our cars. But otherwise he is adamant about not adding those. He even used to remove the brand labels from his jeans and backpacks as a teen. (And he wasn’t wearing anything his classmates would have teased him for or something like that.)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
One time, this asinine GOP candidate went through our building, barging into offices. He didn't even knock, opened my door and held out his hand, "Hi! I'm so-and-so and I'm running....." and that's as far as he got
When I was living at my last address the local candidate for mayor opened my front door without knocking and started his vote for me spiel. I grew up in a rough neighbourhood, so I screamed and threw the wet dish sponge I was holding at him.
:lol:
Luckily I didn't hit him full in the face, but he backed out pretty quickly.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
When I was living at my last address the local candidate for mayor opened my front door without knocking and started his vote for me spiel. I grew up in a rough neighbourhood, so I screamed and threw the wet dish sponge I was holding at him.
:lol:
Luckily I didn't hit him full in the face, but he backed out pretty quickly.
:lol: Too bad you didn't hit him. That takes guts to just barge in a home!

This happened the same year the so-called candidate was barging in offices....a commissioner went around and told everybody "Big meeting in the main hallway at 3:00! Attendance is mandatory! Be there!" Got to the "big meeting" and there was a GOP candidate giving his spiel in the hallway. I lasted through about 30 seconds, said, "Seriously? SERIOUSLY? Not everyone is a Republican!" and walked away. Once I walked, many other people walked away as well. They have never tried anything like that since. No "big meetings," no candidates roaming through hallways, nothing.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No stickers on my car.

I have read that in Churchill Manitoba all doors on buildings and vehicles are left unlocked. That is where the Polar bears gather and wait for the ice to form on the Bay. It attracts a lot of tourists at that time but there is a small town of permanent residents. They try to keep the bears out of the town itself but that isn't 100%. The residents leave all doors unlocked incase someone needs to get away from a polar bear.