Question Of The Day Sunday 29 September, 2019

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
GOOD MORNING and HAPPY SUNDAY!!!

Do you like to sing? Have you ever been in a choir
or sang in a band? Karaoke? Open Mic?

Last summer I sang a song at an open mic. Nicole and another woman were supposed to do it with me but backed out. I messed up the words in a line but I wasn't terrible.

How about you? Like to sing?

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do like to sing, but only when I'm alone. I actually think I have a nice voice, and the couple of times I managed to get the courage to sing in front of people (twice in my life), they were surprised with my ability. I have horrible stage fright and will sometimes have panic attacks when I feel like everyone's looking at me. In the car is where I tend to sing.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was a freshman in H.S., we had to try out for Freshman Chorale- and detention if you refused to. I was one of the unfortunate dragooned into it, maybe because my voice had already changed and they needed bass-baritones. Needless to say, in my sophomore year, singing went away because it was no longer compulsory.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like to sing but just for fun. I used to be in the local church choir and when I was at school I was always in the school choir and took singing lessons, but I haven't been in any sort of semi-professional singing environment since.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I sing along to the radio in the car, but only if I am alone. As the old saying goes, I can't carry a tune in a bucket. I am completely tone deaf. I have a horrible singing voice so I NEVER sing if there is even one other person present.

I envy people who can sing or play an instrument.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I was younger, I loved singing. Was in the school chorus. Was told I had a good voice by all my friends. But the years do take a toll and mostly it was due to an injury to one of my vocal cords that got nicked while intubated during a surgical procedure. While a minor problem overall, it did wind up effecting the way I speak and sing. To this day I have trouble when I have to speak for too long - I get winded fast.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was in a choir in high school. I go out for karaoke almost every weekend. I enjoy singing and it helps me relax. My husband and I met at a karaoke show. We have been married for 18 years.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love to sing, and it's functional because it sends dogs, cats, and people out of the room if I want to be alone. If I sang in public, I'd get arrested.
I now never ever sing when operating any machine that drowns me out. If that machine suddenly dies, I am caught warbling off key and trailing off all awkward, and no one likes that.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do but only in a group or when I am alone. I don’t really care to be the center of attention very often so with a group is great.

I was in the chorus in high school. I used to say that was the only part of school that I missed. ;)

I also sang with the youth group for events and as a young adult with the praise team at church.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I run monthly kirtans (singing of mantra) so I lead and play the harmonium, although I'm always trying to talk others into leading (kirtan is call and respond). I'm really comfortable doing that, but if someone asks me to 'sing a song' I clam up. Odd, as it's the same.:dunno: