Question of the Day, Sunday 29 March, 2020

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Depending on the day you ask me I probably would choose a different name but for today I would say Anastasia. There are many names I like better than my own. ;)

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lately I've been liking the name Aster. I gave it to the main character in the story I'm working on. I like that it's a flower and also means "star." I love space and celestial names, but ones that aren't so obvious.
If I ever had to choose a Korean name, I'd probably choose Dalbit (달빛) as it means moonlight~

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a weird relationship with names. When I was little, I wouldn't call anybody by their name---I'd even have nightmares about having to call a friend by their name because they were in danger or something. And I don't feel any kind of identification with my name, other than if somebody says it, it probably mean they're talking to/about me. And I only name pets because people think you're weird if you don't and you have to put something on their vet papers (well, and dogs need names so you can call them, but other pets). I just always think of people and animals as themselves in my brain, not as their names. I think that's probably weird. But anyway, you have to have a name so everybody knows who they're talking to. I think my name is OK. I really like the name Willow so if I had to change my name that's what I'd pick. I don't think it suits me, but then I don't think any name really suits me so :dunno: .

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The one thing I don't like about people naming their children is changing the spelling to make it 'different'. Like Dihann for mine, or the MANY different spellings of names I have seen. It dooms that poor child to forever correct people on the spelling, EVERY SINGLE TIME during their life. It is excruciating for the shy ones, and annoying all the way around.....
I would just change the Y in my name to I. Lynda to Linda. I have fought the fight of people spelling it with an i all my life and it is tiresome. If I had to pick another name, I guess it would be either Rachel or Rebecca (but NOT Becky- I hate nicknames!).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I would just change the Y in my name to I. Lynda to Linda. I have fought the fight of people spelling it with an i all my life and it is tiresome. If I had to pick another name, I guess it would be either Rachel or Rebecca (but NOT Becky- I hate nicknames!).
I like both names. I love Rebecca but like you, don't like Becky. I love Victoria but not Vicky.