Question of the Day, Sunday 28th of June 2020

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Morning, etc and Happy Sunday!!

If you could have anything for dinner tonight, what would you want?
It would be prepared by a master chef, and no clean-up.

I would have lobster bisque, Caesar salad prepared table side, lobster tails, Alaskan King crab legs, potatoes Anna, and Bananas Foster for dessert. Grown up Shirley Temple and sparkling water for my beverages and I would dine outside.

What would you like?

Roxabelle

Human slave to Sinclair the Kitten
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh maaaaan, what a question!!! I love food so this one is hard, because I want everything... but off the top of my head:

Nothing fancy or fine dining. I’ve always loved street food or anything you can eat with your hands. And I’m an absolute seafood addict too ( Mia6 Mia6 your entire meal sounds exquisite!).

For a starter, it would be a very simple antipasti platter, with olives, cheeses, artichoke hearts - in fact maybe whole artichokes! A round of oysters and champagne too. (Ok, so maybe I’m not that against fine dining...) An Aperol Spritz wouldn’t be out of place too.

The main course would be freshly prepared seafood caught that morning - everything from lobster, crab, octopus, squid, scallops, swordfish, mussels, langoustine... no fancy side dishes required, just a never ending seafood feast, washed down with an enormous glass of crisp, ice cold Torrontés. I will be eating with my fingers and things will get messy.

Dessert would be Tiramisu and an Espresso Martini. And then if there’s room, maybe some cheeses, with crackers, grapes and celery. After dinner mints, and maybe a drop of Kahlua over ice.

I am SO hungry right now!!!!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Something healthy.

A really big salad with feta cheese, olives, sun dried tomatoes, dry roast vegetables, rocket and other different kinds of leaves. Fresh baked bread. Garlic butter. White wine to drink and a fruit salad with a big thick dollop of yogurt.

Did I say healthy? I think I've maxed out my calorie allowance for the day on oil and butter there.

:lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Roxabelle Roxabelle My, that is quite a bit of food, ha!!
Norachan Norachan Your salad sounds wonderful and right now I could eat half a loaf of garlic bread!

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am not a foody, I eat when I am hungry so it has to be something quick for me but I would enjoy lovely fresh french bread with an assortment of cheeses and fruit together with a glass of good wine.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'd take the Prime Rib, but with Yorkshire pudding. A twice-baked potato. Asparagus with leeks. A really nice white wine (I don't care that red wine goes with beef; this is my dinner and I like white wine). And for dessert, a slab of white coconut cake. No bread because.....cake!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A prime grade New York Strip steak cooked medium, I like steak a little more done then medium rare. A fresh garden salad with all the usual veggies with French dressing, a baked potato with sour cream, and some kind of warm fresh yeast bread or rolls with European style butter. Nothing for dessert, I never want dessert after a heavy meal like that. No wine, just iced tea with lemon wedges.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bacon wrapped filet mignon, baked potato with chive butter, garden fresh vegetable mix, steamed, homemade French bread, iced tea to drink. Later when I want dessert (to much food to have it right after the meal) I would love a slice of German chocolate cake.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're asking me the wrong question at this moment in time - I've just cooked and eaten a huge lunch (our main meal of the day) and I've now got to clean up in the kitchen.
But, I would like the master chef to prepare for me a classic Italian menu consisting of 5 or 6 (small) courses! I'll let him choose the individual dishes and the wine - and I'll just enjoy!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Filet M
Bacon wrapped filet mignon, baked potato with chive butter, garden fresh vegetable mix, steamed, homemade French bread, iced tea to drink. Later when I want dessert (to much food to have it right after the meal) I would love a slice of German chocolate cake.
This sounds good except I'll take the potato with just butter and water instead of ice tea.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Something ethnic, either vegetarian Thai or Indian cuisine. I love the herbs and spices in both meal preps. :yummy:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably something I wouldn't make well myself like a really good steak, scallops, fresh rosemary bread, asparagus, and a decadent chocolate cake.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To be honest, we're having a lasagna from Charlie Bigham's, which is normally too expensive for us but it was on offer so we got it, and I would be happy with that! Their meals are delicious.

If I had to choose something else, though, it would be simple McDonalds, because I haven't had it in 4 months and I'm really craving it now, lol. I could murder a chicken nugget and chips meal. :lol:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bone in rib eye steak grilled rare. Baked potato with enough butter on it to make Paula Deen blush like a schoolgirl. Some chives too. Grilled zucchini and some crusty bread with butter. Yup. More butter. Sweet tea to drink. No dessert for me. In the battle of bread vs dessert, bread always wins with this girl.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sitting on the fence here...either I would want Emeril to prepare whatever he chose (I'm not picky as long as it's not frog legs),or I'd go to Cleveland and sit at one of Michael Symon's places and he could fix for me whatever his special of the day...I'm sure either meal would be the best ever!

Joshi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Probably a poke bowl, filled with kingfish, tuna, salmon, snapper sashimi with sea urchin and salmon roe