Question Of The Day Sunday 22 September, 2019

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
GOOD MORNING, AFTERNOON or EVENING!!!!

What is your favorite time of day? Are you a night owl or enjoy the morning sunrise?

I like early sunrises with a cup of tea.....they're so

beautiful. I like sunsets as well but sunrises better.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Same here, I still get up at 4AM from years of being an RN, even though i am retired now. In the summer it is wonderful, the coolest part of the day, I get my caffeine boost and my housework done before starting outside at 6:30 or so. I quit when it gets too hot, around noon, 1 o'clock. We eat one meal a day, around 3, then have a light snack like watermelon towards evening. It's early to bed though, if I see the moon/stars at all it is at 4!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate nights since my surgery, because it hurts to sleep. I am a person who never had any pain before, so it's really hard on me.

I like getting up early at 6am and going on the internet while I drink my morning water. Hopefully in a few more weeks I can start taking care of Demi & Maggie again. :redheartpump:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm more of a morning person, the chronic fatigue will wipe me out, sometimes at earlier times than others. But mornings is when I feel the most alert and rested, except if we have a low pressure system rolling in, then I want to stay snuggled in bed for a bit longer.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm a morning person - I function way better earlier in the day. I even changed my working hours (with my my bosses blessing) partially because of this. I'd much rather get to work early and leave early. My brain is fresh at 8am but not so much at 5pm. Forget about after dinner. Don't ask me to make any important decisions once it's dark out :lol:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Mornings because I appreciate the slow quiet time instead of the rush to work I had for so many years. I usually get up around 8:00, and sit at the table, drink my coffee, catch up on the news and watch the birds and squirrels at the feeders. Sort of a perfect start to a day.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Definitely a morning person but only if I can take my time and not rush so I can enjoy that first cup of coffee for the day.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
More of a morning person I think.I really enjoy my morning coffee and watching the birds and squirrels waking up and coming for breakfast ,and the kids and their free tv is always a hoot!

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Morning person. I am more alert and get more done before 12 or so. I like the quiet. I usually get up at 5:30 or 6 and get some things done before going to work at 8:30ish.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm definitely a night person, but I wish I were a morning person. I thankfully don't have a lot of difficulty waking up, so once I'm out of bed I'm fully awake and don't need to rely on caffeine. I am just naturally inclined to stay up later than I should though. My favorite time of day is 11:47am. I know that's very specific, but it just kind of became my favorite time for no real reason. :lol:

VinceL

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
One of the benefits of retirement is that I can finally be a night person. I loathed having to get up early to go to work. Now, I do get up early to feed the cats, but that only takes 10 minutes. After that I go back to bed and typically sleep until about 10 am.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I’m a morning person. I still get up at 5:30 even though I’m retired...although some of that can be blamed on the cats. If it weren’t for a cat sitting on my bladder, I might make it to 6. :)

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Twilight.. just as the day turns into night.
I remember talking to a Swedish yogi who runs an ashram over there. He was saying that in Sweden that the time of twilight used to be 'special' - a time to reflect. I could really relate to that.
I found something he wrote about it: The Twilight Hour - Haa International Retreat Center

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the mornings, or when it was about to become a day. I love the sight of the first specks of sunlight peering through the open windows, and the warmth it brings to my skin. I used to stop for a while and just enjoy the vision of my young son as he laid sleeping in bed, the sun shining on his beautiful face.

I love the sunrise, especially when I am at a beach and facing the horizon, with a cup of hot coffee in hand. I love the calmness it brings me as the small waves touch my bare feet, reminding me that I am also just a speck of dot in this earth. It is amazing how in just a few short moments the sun would eventually brighten everything around me.