Question of the Day Sunday 20 October, 2019

Lola3791

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh dear...I can only choose one?!
Um... I guess I'll go with Lord of the Rings. I have so many favorite scenes and lines from the movies but the one that gets me every time is at the end of The Return of the King when the camera is going through the halls of Bag End until it reaches Frodo writing the last bit of his story. As the camera is going through Bag End, Frodo says "How do you pick up the threads of an old life? How do you go on, when in your heart you begin to understand... there is no going back? There are some things that time cannot mend. Some hurts that go too deep, that have taken hold."

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do not have a single favorite of most things, so I do not technically have a favorite movie. Here are a few movies that I greatly enjoy.

"The Ghost and Mrs. Muir"
Captain Gregg to Lucy Muir: "You'll always be Lucia to me." (My daughter's second middle name is Lucia because of it.

Avengers Endgame: "I am Iron Man." (Yes, you are, Tony Stark!)

"Safety Not Guaranteed," one of the best romantic non-romance movies ever created. My husband and I used part of this in our wedding. ceremony. We also used the song played in the last scene to walk down the aisle together:
Kenneth: To go it alone or to go with a partner? When you choose a partner, you have to have compromises and sacrifices, but it's a price you pay. Do I want to follow my every whim and desire as I make my way through time and space? Absolutely. But at the end of the day, do I need someone when I'm doubting myself and I'm insecure and MY heart fails me? Do I need someone, who when the heat gets hot, has my back?
Darius: So, do you?
Kenneth: I do.

Lady Vengeance (aka "Sympathy for Lady Vengeance" the title I prefer):
Geum-ja's reply when asked why she wears read eyeshadow: "People are always saying I look kindhearted."

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These are both in my top 5 movies! That scene in A Quiet Place is the only part of any movie that has made me cry. The music in that scene is amazing too. I sometimes just go to Youtube and watch that particular scene because it is so amazing. I am so excited for the new movie in 2020!!
Yes, they just finished shooting for A Quiet Place 2 here in WNY last month. In fact, people that I know are extras in the movie, unless they get cut out in the editing.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
White Christmas

Let’s see if I can get this right from on my phone!

“My dear partner; when what’s left of you gets around to what’s left to be gotten, what’s left to be gotten wont be worth getting whatever it is you’ve got left.” 🎅🏼

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a lot of favorite movies, but right now my favorite is Big Fish. My favorite quote is "They say when you meet the love of your life, time stops, and that's true. What they don't tell you is that when it starts again, it moves extra fast to catch up."

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Five Easy Pieces The diner scene when the waitress said they didn't have side orders of toast. Jack Nicholson ordered a Chicken salad sandwich on whole wheat toast no butter, no mayonnaise and no lettuce. Then and no chicken.
That is one of my fave scenes as well, in any movie!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Oh dear...I can only choose one?!
Um... I guess I'll go with Lord of the Rings. I have so many favorite scenes and lines from the movies but the one that gets me every time is at the end of The Return of the King when the camera is going through the halls of Bag End until it reaches Frodo writing the last bit of his story. As the camera is going through Bag End, Frodo says "How do you pick up the threads of an old life? How do you go on, when in your heart you begin to understand... there is no going back? There are some things that time cannot mend. Some hurts that go too deep, that have taken hold."
Choose more if you like.:thumbsup:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Blade Runner. I love the whole movie, it's just so beautiful. The final Rutger Hauer scene at the end and his Tears in the Rain speech still gets me no matter how many times I see it.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Ghost and the Darkness...based on a true story of 2 man eating lions that stopped a railway being built in Africa.
Starred Val Kilmer and Kirk Douglas.
The scene where the 2 lions rampaged through a tent hospital attacking everyone was awesome scary.
Had to read the book, The Man-eaters of Tsavo after and that was as good if not better than the movie.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
The Ghost and the Darkness...based on a true story of 2 man eating lions that stopped a railway being built in Africa.
The scene where the 2 lions rampaged through a tent hospital attacking everyone was awesome scary.
Had to read the book, The Man-eaters of Tsavo after and that was as good if not better than the movie.
DId the loins get killed?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is an awesome movie. It was the only R-rated movie I was allowed to watch as a teenager, lol. The real story is pretty impressive too.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never saw the movie, but I read Peter Hathaway Capstick's account of the event in his book 'Death in the Long Grass', and yeah, the guy was brave, if not a little loony.