Question of the Day Sunday 20 October, 2019

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
GOOD MORNING AND HAPPY SUNDAY!!!

What is one of your favorite movies and one of your favorite scenes or lines?

I have so many but one of my all time faves is the last scene in The Godfather
when Michael is talking with Kay and she is making him a drink. He has gone
to his office across the hall and Clemenza kneels and says something like
"Godfather". Al, one of Michael's bodyguards, helpers, then shuts the door
and looks at Kay as though 'this is all you can see, hear'.

What about you?

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Labyrinth, two little guys are changing the stone's arguing, And one shakes his fist at the other and says. Your mother's a freaking Aardvark. It makes me laugh everytime I see it but my eldest son's nursery teacher was not to pleased when he said this playing with a friend :doh:

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
The Shawshank Redemption. Not so much as a line (though that move is full of them!), but the warden's face when he finds the Bible with the rock hammer and pieces everything together. Priceless. I get such a feeling of satisfaction whenever I see that scene.

I saw a movie poster once with the rock hammer nestled in the Bible, starting at the book of Exodus, with the tag "Salvation Lies Within." Just an overall fantastic movie and one of Stephen King's best works.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
The Shawshank Redemption. Not so much as a line (though that move is full of them!), but the warden's face when he finds the Bible with the rock hammer and pieces everything together. Priceless. I get such a feeling of satisfaction whenever I see that scene.

I saw a movie poster once with the rock hammer nestled in the Bible, starting at the book of Exodus, with the tag "Salvation Lies Within." Just an overall fantastic movie and one of Stephen King's best works.
Amazing book and film. Loved Tim Robbins crawling out of the tunnel and standing up with his hands in the air!!

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the ending of a 70's low budget cult classic movie called Darkstar.

Bomb#20: In the beginning, there was darkness. And the darkness was without form, and void.
Boiler: What the hell is he talking about?
Bomb#20: And in addition to the darkness there was also me. And I moved upon the face of the darkness. And I saw that I was alone. Let there be light.

Then the bomb went off in the bomb bay. They were used to destroy unstable planets so, very big bombs.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
There are so many classic movies and so many memorable lines.

1 - It's a Wonderful Life
"Every time a bell rings an angel gets its wings." :angel:

2 - Arsenic and Old Lace
When Gary Cooper asks, You didn't want the reverend to see the body?" Aunt Abby replies, "Well not at tea. That wouldn't have been very nice."

I know there are countless others but these two came to mind.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Great Movie. I love Tim Robbins.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm having a hard time choosing between The Impossible and A Quiet Place. I love them both. The tsunami scene in The Impossible is probably my favorite scene in a movie ever. It gives me chills every time I watch it. I don't have a favorite line, though.

In A Quiet Place the final scene between the father and daughter will always be my favorite from that movie. My favorite line is, "I Love you. I have always loved you." I honestly got teary just typing that. Yep, here comes the tears. Dammit.

Last edited:

ashekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm having a hard time choosing between The Impossible and A Quiet Place. I love them both. The tsunami scene in The Impossible is probably my favorite scene in a movie ever. It gives me chills every time I watch it. I don't have a favorite line, though.

In A Quiet Place the final scene between the father and daughter will always be my favorite from that movie. My favorite line is, "I Love you. I have always loved you." I honestly got teary just typing that. Yep, here comes the tears. Dammit.
These are both in my top 5 movies! That scene in A Quiet Place is the only part of any movie that has made me cry. The music in that scene is amazing too. I sometimes just go to Youtube and watch that particular scene because it is so amazing. I am so excited for the new movie in 2020!!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Five Easy Pieces The diner scene when the waitress said they didn't have side orders of toast. Jack Nicholson ordered a Chicken salad sandwich on whole wheat toast no butter, no mayonnaise and no lettuce. Then and no chicken.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
These are both in my top 5 movies! That scene in A Quiet Place is the only part of any movie that has made me cry. The music in that scene is amazing too. I sometimes just go to Youtube and watch that particular scene because it is so amazing. I am so excited for the new movie in 2020!!
Same. It takes a lot for a movie, book or show to make me cry. I cried like a baby at the end of Logan. A Quiet Place was definitely surprising. I wasn't expecting to shed a tear during a thriller/horror movie.

I go on YouTube to watch the tsunami scene and then it gets me into the mood to watch the movie lol but yeah the soundtrack for the A Quiet Place scene is beautiful.

Is there a sequel in 2020? I must have missed that announcement.