Question of the Day - Sunday 20 February

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I may be a few hours early but I would like to wish you all a very good Sunday morning on this

National Love Your Pet Day!
Even here in Germany, pet stores have been advertising things to buy for pets for `Liebe-Dein-Haustier-Tag" so I am sure it must be another fairly well-known day to either celebrate or ignore.

I am not planning to do anything special for my 4-legged friends. I may spend more time "sitting" than I would normally do - in which case the cats can sit with me and be petted - if that's what they want - but no obligation. Extra treats are out of the question - the only cats in this house who appreciate treats are those prone to overweight. They have more than enough toys.

Will you be making a special effort to show your cat - or other pets - how much you love them? Will they appreciate it?
Or do they get all they need anyway?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I always keep a few new catnip toys hidden for Carleton and bring them out when I'm home all day or for his Gotcha Day. He's spoiled with love every day but thanks for the reminder about National Love Your Pet Day so I can give him a special new toy. :lovecat:

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't need to do anything because the boy's make sure they get what they want. Chin scatches on demand are the norm, and just about anything else they want. My son once meowed because I didn't answer what he was asking me, when I heard the meow I walked into the living room looking for the cat's asking what's wrong baby. Much to his and my hubby's amusement who had put him up to it. :doh2:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
My two didn't even know it was a special day, but they met their sitter today (I'm going away for three weeks) and they love him to pieces. He made a huge fuss of them.. much patting, cuddling and playing, plus he gave them treats. So they thoroughly enjoyed their day. :)

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My two didn't even know it was a special day, but they met their sitter today (I'm going away for three weeks) and they love him to pieces. He made a huge fuss of them.. much patting, cuddling and playing, plus he gave them treats. So they thoroughly enjoyed their day. :)
Where are you going? Tasmania again?