Question Of The Day, Sunday, 2/24/19

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good afternoon! :sunshine:

it really is sunny here today! :D

this morning as i was making my cats breakfast, i got to thinking about 'toppers' and that my three almost always want some on their wet food.

for today's Question of the Day......

Does your cat(s) like a 'topper' on his/her meals? (can be any kind of topper: dry cat food, crumbled cat treats, those gravy type toppers that are available, or other)

i'll start!

my three cats definitely like a topper on their meals. mine really like a few pieces of dry cat food, or some crumbled cat treats. i'll also sprinkle some forti-flora over their meals sometimes, and they like that too.

How about your cat(s)? is he/she (they) a fan of toppers?

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
No, they like their food plain. I once tried the Omega Fish Oil, (hey-the-90s-called and-they-want-their-Omega-Fish-Oil-back-) because my Lena had severe dandruff but she wouldn't eat it.

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've managed to move Cookie away from requiring toppers. When we started raw she wouldn't touch it without some dry food on top, then she demanded freeze dried on top. She's finally eating her food plain!

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes I put dried tuna flakes or powdered dehydrated chicken in the cats bowl with their daily dry food ration. But they don't need it. The dry food is always gone by morning, even without a topper.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I already cater to them too much when it comes to food, so I don't add anything to their meals.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If they need toppers, that means they don't like that food, and with this many cats I can't play that game. They'd probably eat me :D.

I will do fancy food things for old or sick cats. And occasionally bake up a pan of chicken for everyone. But no fancy food tricks for most of them on a regular basis.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
It depends on the cat. Lily will eat anything I put in front of her, even if it has horrible-smelling medicine in it. Mocha and Iris gobble their chicken meals, but they sometimes balk a bit at the turkey or rabbit. If I put just a bit of crumbled freeze-dried raw on the top, they eat it with no problem.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ I have too many cats to actually experiment with this. They eats wet plain - but I sometimes sprinkle brewers yeast on top. I give dry kibble separate. :catrub:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never heard of toppers. My cats did not like cat treats so I guess they would not have liked toppers. The cat I have now won't eat treats either.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Mowgli is such a glutton that no toppers are needed. Our last cat, Jamie, wasn't fond of wet food, so he usually got a couple of pieces of kibble on top of his canned food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, they like their food plain. I once tried the Omega Fish Oil, (hey-the-90s-called and-they-want-their-Omega-Fish-Oil-back-) because my Lena had severe dandruff but she wouldn't eat it.
your cats like their cat food plain, no toppers!!! :clap: excellent!! :D

back when my three ate a raw food diet, our Punky really disliked the fish oil...though, Dude and DeeDee liked it well enough. :dunno:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've managed to move Cookie away from requiring toppers. When we started raw she wouldn't touch it without some dry food on top, then she demanded freeze dried on top. She's finally eating her food plain!
you've been able to move your Cookie away from requiring toppers!!! :clap: that's great!! :D

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes I put dried tuna flakes or powdered dehydrated chicken in the cats bowl with their daily dry food ration. But they don't need it. The dry food is always gone by morning, even without a topper.
you'll sometimes add some dried tuna flakes or powdered dehydrated chicken to your cats dry food bowl!!! :clap: awesome!! :D