Question Of The Day, Sunday, 2/17/19

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love looking outside and seeing the daffodils and crocus starting to flower. A little colour after months of none.
you love seeing the daffodils and crocus starting to flower!!! :clap: very nice!! :D

i look forward to that too, when spring gets started here! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the normal winter cold which other then a few days this winter it has been. I do much better with cold then heat and humidity.

There is also the annual Girl Scout cookies. I got mine today.
you enjoy the (normal) cold weather, and the annual Girl Scout cookies!!! :thumbsup: that's great!! :)

i don't do well with the heat and humidity, either. i also don't do well with cold weather. so for me, i'm most comfortable in the spring and fall. :dunno:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the cooler temps, the crispness in the air and the snow crunching under my feet. I love winter.
However, for some reason this year, I'm done with it. Winter needs to go away now.
you love winter and it's cooler temps, the crispness in the air, and the snow crunching under your feet!!! :clap: excellent!! :D

it's about this time during the winter, that i'm ready for it to be finished. :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not through with winter yet. I am still waiting for some snow and cold weather before spring gets here. We are suppose to get some snow and rain on Tuesday. I hope we get a few inches so I can spend at least one day and night being cozy tucked inside with me and my Tommy. Tommy, my feral is now sleeping with me.
you enjoy the snow and cold weather, and the time spent tucked inside with your Tommy!!! :cloud9: that's awesome!! :D

that's wonderful, that your boy is now sleeping with you! :redheartpump:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
One of the things I like most about this time of year is the clothes. I love wearing sweaters especially warm knit ones. There's nothing like the first snowfall too. :evergreen:

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spring is my favourite season; so around this time of year I love seeing the spring flowers start to appear! I love the daffodils, crocuses, snowdrops and cherry blossoms. I also like how the days start to get a little longer; and the rainy weather - I love the rain and find it very relaxing. Rain also means Toffee and Fudge snuggle up with me indoors all day! I also love wearing jumpers/sweaters and hot water bottles, as well as hot drinks such as hot chocolate (tea and coffee are all year round drinks for me, haha).

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to say living where we do,we get a break sometimes in between the cold and yuck of winter.Those are good days for us as if it goes above 50,the bees will get to fly,and that's a very good thing.I'm not a person who enjoys the heat of summer at all,so when it's cooler,I'm in my comfort zone.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's the beginning of our very short spring season here. I love seeing the redbuds blooming and dogwoods will be in flower shortly. I also love being outside without it being so humid. Oh! And having the widows open! I love getting the fresh air in the house.
you like seeing the redbuds blooming, look forward to the dogwoods blooming shortly, enjoy being outside without it being so humid, and love being able to open the windows and let some fresh air into the house!!! :clap: very nice!! :D

i'm longing for days warm enough to have the windows open, too! so are my cats! :purr:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love seeing the first signs of spring. We have some flowering trees - pear trees I think. And we have daffodils blooming as well as some other early blooming shrubs. I got wear all my sweaters and now I am done with winter, such as it is here.

I like the mild temps - usually around 50 highs. I can go without my coat most days.

I like to see the days getting longer. I don't have to feed my ferals in the dark in the morning.

I am grateful that we got through Jan without an ice storm and that my ferals survived another winter.
you love seeing the first signs of spring -- flowering trees, daffodils and early blooming shrubs in bloom, the mild temperatures, and seeing the days getting longer!!! :thumbsup: most excellent!! :)

i'm really glad to see the days starting to get longer, too! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like getting warm under a throw. Drinking hot cocoa, having soup more often, the first few snows, snuggling with the Callie girl, the Vincie girl on my lap farting, I love my warm, hooded parka, and my boots.
you like getting warm under a throw, drinking hot cocoa, having hot soup, enjoying the first few snows, snuggling with your Callie and having your Vincie on your lap, and you love your warm hooded parka and your boots!!! :clap: great!! :D

i was gifted a nice warm Carhartt coat this year, which i love! :yess: it's got a warm lining, and a very durable cotton duck outer material. nice deep pockets, too!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First thing that came to my mind is no mosquitoes and no ticks! But it's great that the kitties want to snuggle a little more and Seal is always sleeping with me. Leonid sometimes sleeps with me, but he thinks he has other duties, patrolling the house!
you like that there's no mosquitoes or ticks, and that your cats want to snuggle a little more!!! :cloud9: that's awesome!! :agree:

yup, i'm very glad to have a break from the mosquitoes and ticks, too!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I enjoy more time with my family. No yard work means more time to just be together. I do look forward to warmer weather and seeing color in the yard again; but this is always a favorite. :)
you enjoy more time to spend with your family, during the cold weather months!!! :thumbsup: excellent!! :)

i like that there's not as much to do during the winter time, so it's a little less 'busy'. :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spring is coming and that means, more bird songs in the mornings!

I love bird songs!
you like that spring is coming, which means more bird songs in the morning!!! :clap: very nice!! :D

i love seeing the Canada Geese coming back up north! it's still a ways before they come back, but not that far off now.:agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love that it's cold. I don't like heat at all, so when I'm able to be wrapped up in a blanket at any time I'm happy.
you love the cold, and that when it's cold you're able to be wrapped up in a blanket!!! :cloud9: that's great!! :agree:

i love snuggling in a blanket! :redheartpump: and i really miss that too, when the warm/hot weather comes.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mosquitoes are the most annoying things on the planet, next to ticks and fleas.

When it's hot, the cats lay all around stretched out. When it's cold, the second my butt hits my chair there's this mad cat-dash to get a spot on me/next to me/around me/on my feet. Then I'm stuck and can't go anywhere :thumbsup:
your cats love to get a spot on you/next to you/around you/on your feet, when it's cold!!! :thumbsup: excellent!! :)

our Dude and little DeeDee have always loved to curl up on my lap, and this is the first year that Punky has decided that she enjoys that too! :hearthrob:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No mosquitoes was my first thought!

I really enjoy this time of year because the sun is shining a little bit more. I can go outside during the day for about 20-30 minutes without needing to put on ridiculously fat coat that makes me look like a footballer. I also really like that tie of day where the air feels crisper as it's getting to sunset (which is after 5 PM!) but it's still a bit comfortable. This really is my favorite time of year to throw some zucchini and burgers on the grill. In a few months it'll be too hot to even want to be outside so I'm enjoying it while I can.
you like that there aren't mosquitoes, that the sun is shining a little bit more, that you're able to go outdoors during the day without a heavy winter coat on for about 20-30 minutes, that certain time of day where the air feels crisper as it's getting to sunset, and it's your favorite time of year to throw some zucchini and burgers on the grill -- before it gets too hot to even want to be outside!!! :clap: awesome!! :D

i really like the cold, crisp air this time of year, too! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here, there's not much to like. It's still winter, it's still cold, and we have a thin layer of ice covering everything this morning. More snow and freezing rain coming on Wednesday into Thursday. Spring isn't even close.
with it still being winter, cold, ice, and more snow and freezing rain coming, there's not much to like where you are!!! :thumbsup: i can totally understand that!! :agree:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our weather is still messed up. We get a lot of rain. Overall though, it has been a mild winter here. I like seeing flowers and trees budding out. However this spring, I am not sure what will happen. Last fall after the hurricane, we had extremely warm weather and everything bloomed again, even our pear trees. I am not sure what this spring will bring as far as the plants and trees.
though the weather where you are is still messed up, you like seeing the flowers and trees budding out!!! :clap: that's awesome!! :D

i've been thinking about the weather and how that's going to effect the plants and trees here, too! i'm thinking that it's entirely possible we'll be having spring start early here. :think:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of the things I like most about this time of year is the clothes. I love wearing sweaters especially warm knit ones. There's nothing like the first snowfall too. :evergreen:
you love wearing sweaters and especially warm knit ones, and the first snowfall!!! :thumbsup: very nice!! :)

i love seeing a layer of fresh snow on the ground and over things, it looks so pretty! :agree: