Question Of The Day, Sunday, 2/17/19

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good afternoon! :wave3:

looking out my windows today, it's bright and sunny, and the snow on the ground looks white and pretty! winter isn't my favorite season, but i try to make the best of it and focus on the things i enjoy about it. ;)

for today's Question of the Day......

What are some things you like about this time of year (where you live)?

i'll start!

i really like breathing in the cold crisp air during the winter! my cats and i enjoy the warmth of our wood stove, and my three love laying on the hearth rug in front of the wood stove! i think i actually like moving firewood during the winter months, too. :dunno:

i love seeing my cats snuggling together, and when they snuggle with me in bed! :redheartpump:

i really enjoy the meals i make during the cold weather months, too! soups, casseroles, hot breakfast cereal, baked potatoes! :yummy: and i love a cup of hot tea!

i love sleeping under a pile of blankets/comforter, and how warm and cozy that feels, too! :sleep2:

i also think it's really pretty when the trees have a coating of ice on all the branches, like from freezing rain. :D

How about you?

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like the normal winter cold which other then a few days this winter it has been. I do much better with cold then heat and humidity.

There is also the annual Girl Scout cookies. I got mine today.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the cooler temps, the crispness in the air and the snow crunching under my feet. I love winter.
However, for some reason this year, I'm done with it. Winter needs to go away now.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not through with winter yet. I am still waiting for some snow and cold weather before spring gets here. We are suppose to get some snow and rain on Tuesday. I hope we get a few inches so I can spend at least one day and night being cozy tucked inside with me and my Tommy. Tommy, my feral is now sleeping with me.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's the beginning of our very short spring season here. I love seeing the redbuds blooming and dogwoods will be in flower shortly. I also love being outside without it being so humid. Oh! And having the widows open! I love getting the fresh air in the house.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love seeing the first signs of spring. We have some flowering trees - pear trees I think. And we have daffodils blooming as well as some other early blooming shrubs. I got wear all my sweaters and now I am done with winter, such as it is here.

I like the mild temps - usually around 50 highs. I can go without my coat most days.

I like to see the days getting longer. I don't have to feed my ferals in the dark in the morning.

I am grateful that we got through Jan without an ice storm and that my ferals survived another winter.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I like getting warm under a throw. Drinking hot cocoa, having soup more often, the first few snows, snuggling with the Callie girl, the Vincie girl on my lap farting, I love my warm, hooded parka, and my boots.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not through with winter yet. I am still waiting for some snow and cold weather before spring gets here. We are suppose to get some snow and rain on Tuesday. I hope we get a few inches so I can spend at least one day and night being cozy tucked inside with me and my Tommy. Tommy, my feral is now sleeping with me.
Oh, that's amazing! Feral no more and sleeping with mama, so sweet.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a lucky little cat! He's lucky to have you (and you're lucky to have him too)
Spring is still quite a ways away. The best part of this time of year is getting prepared for it, it takes a lot of preparation and planning ahead.
And I start getting the itch to spring clean this time of year, partially to get rid of dirt and crap we don't need and otherwise so I'm not stuck inside once it gets nice. Yeah, I know, I'm the one who hides out and pretends to be doing something on cleaning days.
Plus, some of the dogs (my breathing exercise bikes) are anxious to get outside and get back to doing fun stuff, and getting my lazy butt up and moving :thumbsup:

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
First thing that came to my mind is no mosquitoes and no ticks! But it's great that the kitties want to snuggle a little more and Seal is always sleeping with me. Leonid sometimes sleeps with me, but he thinks he has other duties, patrolling the house!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First thing that came to my mind is no mosquitoes and no ticks! But it's great that the kitties want to snuggle a little more and Seal is always sleeping with me. Leonid sometimes sleeps with me, but he thinks he has other duties, patrolling the house!
Mosquitoes are the most annoying things on the planet, next to ticks and fleas.

When it's hot, the cats lay all around stretched out. When it's cold, the second my butt hits my chair there's this mad cat-dash to get a spot on me/next to me/around me/on my feet. Then I'm stuck and can't go anywhere :thumbsup:

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No mosquitoes was my first thought!

I really enjoy this time of year because the sun is shining a little bit more. I can go outside during the day for about 20-30 minutes without needing to put on ridiculously fat coat that makes me look like a footballer. I also really like that tie of day where the air feels crisper as it's getting to sunset (which is after 5 PM!) but it's still a bit comfortable. This really is my favorite time of year to throw some zucchini and burgers on the grill. In a few months it'll be too hot to even want to be outside so I'm enjoying it while I can.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Here, there's not much to like. It's still winter, it's still cold, and we have a thin layer of ice covering everything this morning. More snow and freezing rain coming on Wednesday into Thursday. Spring isn't even close.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our weather is still messed up. We get a lot of rain. Overall though, it has been a mild winter here. I like seeing flowers and trees budding out. However this spring, I am not sure what will happen. Last fall after the hurricane, we had extremely warm weather and everything bloomed again, even our pear trees. I am not sure what this spring will bring as far as the plants and trees.