Question Of The Day, Sunday, 2/10/19

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good morning! :hellocomputer:

an easy Question of the Day......

What are some of your favorite 'comfort foods'?

i'll start!

for me, that would be baked macaroni and cheese, cream of wheat, and a grilled cheese sandwich with soup -- chicken noodle or tomato! :D

How about you?

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Pizza or cookies. Sometimes a cheddar or Swiss grilled cheese sandwich with slices of bell peppers.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Chicken noodle soup
Baked potato with butter, salt & pepper
Pasta with butter
Mashed potatoes
Soft pretzels with cheese

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In cold weather, it's chili con carne, while in hot weather, it's hot dogs on the grill.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I crave my mom's chicken ala king.

Grilled cheese with Campbells Tomato Soup
Mac and Cheese
Cheeseburger
French Fries
Scrambled eggs

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite food in the whole world is homemade tacos, I could eat them every day and often do. Grilled cheese with hot pepper flakes would be second! I love a hot bowl of homemade potato soup too, with celery and onion, geez, now I'm hungry again!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Mac and cheese
Beef pot pie
Spaghetti with a really good pasta sauce
A tuna salad sandwich
French fries
Chocolate

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Chocolate, Mac and cheese. Spaghetti. Ice cream. Grilled cheese. None of which I can have now except for a very small amount i.e 1/2 cup mac and cheese.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The first comfort food that comes to mind is homemade cornbread. Once winter starts and the temps dip into the single digits or below I crave carbs and like to bake too.

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Molasses cookies, homemade leek and lentil soup, potato and sausage casserole. The casserole is SO easy, here is a quick recipe. Chop half a beef ring sausage and mix into a package of Betty Crocker AuGratin Potato mix, prepared as directions on the box. Mix in a quarter cup cheddar cheese and bake.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have a food for when I'm upset or not feeling well. The only comfort 'food' I want during those times is coffee, and that's not a food.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For comfort food it would be baked macaroni and cheese or pot roast with mashed potatoes and gravy.

When I don't feel well it would be chicken noodle soup and 7up soda. When I was a kid we didn't keep soda in the house but when someone was sick 7up was bought so I equate 7up with something to drink when I am sick.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cornbread, fried potatoes or biscuits and gravy. My mom was southern and made cornbread with a meal or with beans. We often had biscuits and gravy or fried potatoes with our eggs for breakfast.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness...I have so many!I think a good sandwich,be it tuna,roast beef.grilled cheese,egg & olive...and a great soup,which my favorite of all times is portugese kale,but there's always clam chowder,florentine tomato....

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mac n cheese, all the pasta, anything involving potatoes, cookies, cake, brownies, chips, burritos, nachos, quesadillas...When I'm upset I'll eat pretty much anything.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For comfort food it would be baked macaroni and cheese or pot roast with mashed potatoes and gravy.

When I don't feel well it would be chicken noodle soup and 7up soda. When I was a kid we didn't keep soda in the house but when someone was sick 7up was bought so I equate 7up with something to drink when I am sick.
I can understand that. Seagram's ginger ale is my go to when I don't feel well.