Question of The Day. Sunday 19th of September.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
If someone wanted to buy you a gift what is one thing that you would always be happy to receive?
1632044724841.png

For me, you can't go wrong with a house plant. I really like succulents and cacti. They're such fascinating little beings, they're easy to care for and they're the one thing that the cats always leave alone.

I have quite a collection already, but I'm always happy to get more.
1632044825311.png

How about you?

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am one of those people who are happy with anything. I truly feel that someone takes the time to buy something for me as a gift I am grateful.

I guess if I were to pick a favorite it would be a book. Doesn't have to be a hardcover. Paperbacks are fine and used books are fine.

A gift card is nice as well if it is for a place that I normally go or a place that I go to every once in awhile as a treat. Starbucks falls in that category. I love their espresso drinks but I also think they are way overpriced.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am one of those people who are happy with anything. I truly feel that someone takes the time to buy something for me as a gift I am grateful.
:yeah: I'm happy with any gift as long as some thought and effort made made in selecting the gift. For my birthday, a friend of mine asked for general ideas and I gave her a few. She sent me a set of beautiful earrings, small round ones with a flower design. Ok, they came from Amazon and obviously didn't cost a fortune but I'm happy my friend put some thought in choosing out a set out of the millions that are sold on Amazon.

I'd be happy with plants or gift cards too.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Money is preferred, but I'm grateful for pretty much any gift unless it's something I won't use at all (like I don't wear earrings, even though my holes never closed up, so I wouldn't appreciate that much).

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Gift cards are great as long as they're for a store that I shop at but I really do appreciate a personal gift that someone put some thought into. One of the teachers I worked with knew that I wanted to take up knitting again so she gave me a huge bag for my birthday filled with different colored balls of yarn, 2 sets of knitting needles and an instruction book.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Suncatchers or pretty rocks. Like the tumbled kind; but I'd take jewelry too. :lol: I've started putting the colorful rocks on the window ledges so the light catches on them like sun catchers. It's just nice to look up and see the colors; similar to how it feels when I look outside and see my flowers all blooming. :cloud9:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
gift card to the online store where i buy shaving supplies gf already laid the law down to my family nothing that living that crawls ,moves has legs or alive as gifts anymore :shocked:

Party poopers :redtongue: What about a gift card to an online store that sells live crawly critters? Does something like that exist? I suppose a cat or other normal pet would be an exception to the "no live animal gift" rule?

Just give me cash. Forget gift cards because people tend to get them for places THEY like, and then they get mad when I ask why they got me a starbucks giftcard when they know I never go there.

There are general Visa gift cards that can be used at most any kind of store or restaurant. That's a safe bet if you don't know what the recipient likes.