Question of the Day Sunday, 16th of February, 2020

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't know. Our hostess was the entertainment director for National Cash Register at the time. She had to travel all over the world.
They even let her m.i.l. come as well to babysit her infant daughter while she worked. She was in France once for 8 weeks all paid for by
NCR. She had eaten at the restaurant that served the pizza several times and she also chose it when NCR catered a function.
I’m from Chicago and we ate at the original Lou Malanati’s and it was the best deep dish pizza! The crust was unique and delicious 😋...a lot of people have it shipped all over. I can’t eat it anymore because I’m now gluten sensitive. Two of my kids are celiac.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Sitting on a lounge at a beach at Positano, Italy... fresh mozzarella and basil in a freshly baked roll, a cool and crisp Sauvignon Blanc, all served by a rather stunning, bronzed Italian waiter.

Well it's the first thing that came into my mind. :lol:

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This one is kind of silly, but my friend and I always talk about it whenever we're traveling together:

We had just been to the Great Wall and had been dropped off at the airport by our taxi driver. We hadn't eaten all day. It'd be a few more hours until we were back in Seoul. Now, I know what you're thinking, Beijing Airport must be big, and it must have tons of food options. Well...you see...both of us were rather picky eaters and neither of us are big on meat. We ended up getting cup ramen (Shin ramyun, the red spicy korean kind) from the convenience store and eating it standing up in front of the post office (there were no places to sit on that side of security). Soon, we were joined by other frazzled travelers and their cup noodles. All of us confused and hot and hungry. And so now whenever we travel together and the food choices are less than optimal, we always remember that day and go "it could be worse!"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
This one is kind of silly, but my friend and I always talk about it whenever we're traveling together:

We had just been to the Great Wall and had been dropped off at the airport by our taxi driver. We hadn't eaten all day. It'd be a few more hours until we were back in Seoul. Now, I know what you're thinking, Beijing Airport must be big, and it must have tons of food options. Well...you see...both of us were rather picky eaters and neither of us are big on meat. We ended up getting cup ramen (Shin ramyun, the red spicy korean kind) from the convenience store and eating it standing up in front of the post office (there were no places to sit on that side of security). Soon, we were joined by other frazzled travelers and their cup noodles. All of us confused and hot and hungry. And so now whenever we travel together and the food choices are less than optimal, we always remember that day and go "it could be worse!"
Those noodles sound so good! Hmmmm.....I bet I can get them here at the Korean restaurants near me. There used to be
one about 15 mins from here but that was in the 70s.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Those noodles sound so good! Hmmmm.....I bet I can get them here at the Korean restaurants near me. There used to be
one about 15 mins from here but that was in the 70s.
I have seen the packaged ones at big grocery stores last time I was home (in Minnesota) and you'll definitely find it if there's an Asian food store near you! At home, I make it with an egg cracked on top, fresh green onions, and nutritional yeast flakes.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I once had a staff Christmas party at a fancy restaurant. The kind where you dress up and remember to use your proper fork. I worked with 6 other women and no spouses came along so it was a small group. The entire evening was hilarious. Especially when the boss discovered she had gotten a hole in BOTH armpits of her fancy sweater. :paperbag: Only one coworker really knew which fork to use. She had lived in Europe for years and was much more well traveled than the rest of us (including another coworker who had lived overseas).

The food was delicious. My favorite part was the cheese plate. Real cheese. 🤤

Trying new foods at dinner was one part I loved on both my cruises. Lobster, caviar and escargot just aren’t staples here. 😉