Question of The Day. Sunday 15th of August.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My earliest memory is when I inhaled a sheet metal screw and almost died. It was shortly before my third birthday. I remember some events of that fateful Saturday morning reliably, but others don't seem to make sense (like "remembering" the dashboard of the police car in which they took me from one hospital to the other--I seem to remember it as being a '57 Chevrolet, and that's not very likely).

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In no particular chronological order:
Listening to news of the Korean War on the radio
Tearing around the farm with my constant companion and guardian, our old mongrel dog
Having to cross a narrow gap to get onto a boat, which I later learned was a Thousand Islands tour boat
Tagging along with my older brother as he ran his trap line, and mostly failing to keep up
The smell from the kitchen the winter that my father cut down a tree for firewood, found that it was a bee tree, and was full of honey, and we cooked it down on the wood stove
Piling on blankets until I could barely move, so as to keep warm in the winter, and the thick frost that formed on the windows of a house innocent of insulation

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I was in my high chair, eating yellow cake, with white icing on its tray. I remember my (much-much older) brother, standing by the back door (it was in the kitchen), with sunlight coming in, and he turned to smile at someone. He was being deployed, and wearing his Air Force uniform. I also remember a blue and orange Afga camera box on the kitchen table. We must've had a going-away party for him.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister tells me I had to be around 4 when we were discussing this "minds eye" memory.I remember living in a house in Hudson Falls and she had scarlet fever and was so sick.I can remember the doctor coming to the house,and her bedroom was upstairs,as was mine.I can see my Mom making us soup for lunch,with whole wheat bread,but I couldn't go upstairs to eat with her.She doesn't undrestand how I can remember these things from so far back,and I don't know either.I have lots of those kinds of memories from early childhood.

Lola3791

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My twin and I both share this as our earliest memory. We remember playing with wooden blocks in a room with our parents and an old woman with breathing tubes in her nose sitting in chairs watching us. I think we were 2 and the woman was our great grandmother in the nursing room.