Question of the Day. Sunday 15 of December, 2019

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sometimes I wish I'd stayed in Nursing in college. It would make re-entering the workforce easier. But I did change to a major much better suited to me. I loved it and I made friends. I can't imagine not having learned all I did studying Architectural Engineering/Interior Design. I've been home with my kids for a while now so some would say any degree is going to waste anyway. ;) I don't feel thats true really; but I do sometimes wonder what I'll do when my kids are grown. I feel like I understand the options out there much better now. So no regrets here.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes I wish I'd stayed in Nursing in college. It would make re-entering the workforce easier. But I did change to a major much better suited to me. I loved it and I made friends. I can't imagine not having learned all I did studying Architectural Engineering/Interior Design. I've been home with my kids for a while now so some would say any degree is going to waste anyway. ;) I don't feel thats true really; but I do sometimes wonder what I'll do when my kids are grown. I feel like I understand the options out there much better now. So no regrets here.
I'm similar. I recently quit university because it was too stressful. I made the decision before I enrolled, so very early on, but sometimes I wish that I didn't have issues with anxiety so that I could go and do university again.

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope that's a joke.
That is the one thing that I would never, ever change. And I despise most children.
Lots of women regret having children and yet almost none of them would talk about it openly, because this is such a taboo and the lack of understanding for it, especially among other mothers, is overwhelming.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots of women regret having children and yet almost none of them would talk about it openly, because this is such a taboo and the lack of understanding for it, especially among other mothers, is overwhelming.
This is true. I can say I hated being pregnant, but the outcome was worth it.
However, I will never do it again.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only thing I regret is listening to my mom's church when they outlawed college. I would have laughed in their face, taken my scholarship, and gone anyway. Either that, or married well. :ohwell:

But as they say, if you change one thing, you change everything. I wouldn't have my cats and the knowledge I've gained from the hard times. Now would be the perfect time to win the lottery. 💵💰

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The thing I regret is not doing better in school I went off the rails in my teen years and didn't do any exams. I ended up in a low paid job to get the qualifications I needed. But I don't dwell on it because I did have a lot of fun before I realized and learned a lesson. And I knew when my lot were trying to pull the wool over my eyes :lol:

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I could change the fact I never went to college (without it changing my life I have now). I just could not swing it financially at the time. Another more frivolous regret that I would change is I would have gotten involved showing and breeding cats at a younger age so I could achieve my goals. Now they are becoming a distant memory.