Question of the Day. Sunday 15 of December, 2019

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
GOOD MORNING and HAPPY SUNDAY!!!

Is there anything in your life you wish you had done differently? If so, do you dwell on it or are you pretty much over it?

For me I wish I hadn't gone through my "bad boy" phase. Things would have been so different but I also wouldn't have
lived in Florida for four years where I made good friends.

What about you?

Sorry for the drab post but I couldn't get the colors to work properly.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would have finished college. I couldn't figure out what I wanted to major in. It got to a point where I had to declare a major and I didn't have a clue. I should've just picked something and finished. My parents were paying all the bills for me to go and I should've finished. I try not to dwell on it but I sometimes do.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Lord, where do I even begin counting? There have been so many over the years, but then I have been around for more years than most of you. I can say, however, the one thing I don't ever want to change is marrying Michele. Never.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The one thing I wish I could change in my life is to have never let my Chrissy out on that warm winter's day. She would still be alive. It is the only thing in my life I will regret until the day I die. The one thing I will never have heal.
I have so many blessings now, and many of them have come from mistakes, so I wouldn't change anything else in my past. We learn from out mistakes, and the one thing I learned from tragedy is to not take anything for gratnted, to live each and every day as if it was my last. To live firmly in the present because we can't change the past and the future is not ours to see.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Lord, where do I even begin counting? There have been so many over the years, but then I have been around for more years than most of you. I can say, however, the one thing I don't ever want to change is marrying Michele. Never.
Oh all I can say is wowza. Lucky Michele and Lucky you💕💕

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would have insisted in buying the home I really wanted and not the one we are in right now. And I can't help but dwell a bit on it as I pass buy it everyday. And of course when things go wrong with the house, I can't help but think, "if were in the other house, "this wouldn't be happening." Obviously I can't confirm that the other house wouldn't have any issues, they all do to a degree, but I still can't help thinking that.
I also would have made some different financial decisions along the way.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My obvious choice would be something with my ex-husband. Considering all of "that" led to where I am today, I would have to add a clause that states that if I change this one thing, I would still be where I am today. I would like to go back and just never marry him, but that would mean I would not have my children, so I will have to say that I would have left him in Oct 2006 instead of a couple of years later. Oct 2006 was around the time he started doing drugs and drinking heavily and when I realized our marriage should be over and before the abuse started. I also would not have tried to be the better person where he was concerned. Not that I would have been a mean person, but if I would have seen when he was giving me guilt trips and I would not have felt bad for standing up for myself and our children.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
If there was one thing I could do differently is that I would have taken the money my dad won from his settlement away from him or told my mom to take it away.

He's a narcissist and he spent all of it and we are still feeling the pain of that mistake all these years later because he basically lost the money. Now we're in a lot of debt and can't afford to move out of this dangerous neighborhood. I don't know if we'll ever be able to.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I got pregnant just a couple months past turning 17 and my son has been a blessing in so many ways but I still wouldn’t do it again. Those early years were tough. I wish I had been more open to someone loving me but I also wish I would have dumped some of the guys sooner where I knew the relationship was going nowhere.

All in all though, I made it through college even with child, had a great career and retired without worrying about every penny so there isn’t much I can regret.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shoulda listened to everybody who didn't matter at the time and gone on to nursing school....you all know the drill.But,had I done so,probably wouldn't have had my son nor married the love of my life,so...my way of looking at it,I was right!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Like MonaLyssa33 MonaLyssa33 I tend to believe everything happens for a reason, so even something like my disastrous attempt to teach in Malaysia helped make me who I am.

There's probably a few fender benders that wouldn't change too much I'd get rid of.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I really wish I wouldn't have gotten pregnant at 16. Don't get me wrong; I love my husband and I love our son. But I do feel that much of the years when I could have been going to college passed me by because I was a mom and wife. It bothers me, but I don't really dwell on it. I did manage to graduate from college anyway with a BA in Geography. I used that to get the job I have now.

And once I got my BA, I should have gone on to get my Masters and my Doctorate. It took me ten years to get my BA; I was burned out by that point.

I was lucky. I know it. But still....

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't have regrets about much of anything. The only one is the house that I bought, that we are living in now. Really wasn't a good purchase. I thought I had a good grasp of the work it needed but here it is 10 years later and gosh, I've spent a small fortune on it and it is nowhere near done and now we'll be retiring in about 7-8 years and I just can't see putting more money into it. And the market in my town is terrible, I'll never make the money back I put into it let alone anymore that I put in now.

It's livable but there are things that seriously need attention. And truthfully, some of it I'd bite the bullet and take more of a loss and have done anyway but I can't even get a contractor to return a call or the few times I had someone here, they highball me (I know, I'm in the business). Our main bathroom is just awful. Needs to be completely gutted.

My husband doesn't think it's so bad but the house wasn't his purchase - it was mine. We were only dating at the time. And his idea of what's good/bad is far different than mine too. Mine is realistic. He tends to gloss over things. And on top of it all - we've outgrown it too.

So yea, wish I'd thought it through better. Sure will do better with the next house.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've learned not to believe everything people tell me and not to loan money to friends.

I wish I had brought a house that does not have any steps. The house I have now has 7 steps going downstairs to the laundry room and 7 steps going up stairs to the bedrooms. They are murder on my knees.

I also wish I never picked up a cigarette. I smoked for 40 years and now have COPE.

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
I wish I had followed the Grateful Dead instead of getting good grades in school.

I wish I hadn't let my parents browbeat me into changing majors: they convinced me that I had "no talent" and that "there will always be jobs for a blonde with a good pair of legs who can make a decent cup of coffee and fix the boss' spelling" so I was made obsolete by an animated paperclip before I ever even got my degree.

I wish I hadn't had children.

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
There’s so many things I wished I’d done differently. Many, many regrets. The biggest has to be not getting emotionally healthy (whatever that really means) before having children. My childhood was a nightmare and not realizing how it affected me cost me, my husband and my children dearly. And yes, I do dwell on it because I’m still struggling with the fallout of my early years, even now. And I’m 60 yrs old 😕