Question of The Day. Sunday 12th of September

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Good morning.

:wave3:

Have you ever bought anything and then really regretted it?

I've had a few shopping disasters. Most of them fall under the "Shopping while in a hurry" or "It was in the sale, it will be fine if I lose 5lbs" category.

My most recent disaster was a Google Chromebook. I needed a replacement PC as a back-up in case the one I use for work ever fails. It's also handy to have something I can watch videos or do my zoom yoga class on that's small enough to put on the floor. I bought a Chromebook because it was fairly cheap.

I should have read the reviews first! It's so frustrating to use. Even the simplest little function is done differently to the way it's done on every other device I've ever used. I'm having to re-learn everything all over again, which is super annoying when I've got my desktop set up for work exactly the way I like it.

:doh2:

I think I'm going to get something else as soon as I can afford it. Then my Chromebook can become a spare chopping board or something.

What do you regret buying?

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All the time, clothes and shoes. Mainly shoes you know the gorgeous looking but really uncomfortable type with heels to die for. And I never seem to learn my lesson I always convince myself they'll be fine I'm only going to wear them when we go out. Then within a hour my feet are hurting and I regret wearing them. My husband calls them taxi shoes because I'm not walking in them. :lol:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
All the time, clothes and shoes. Mainly shoes you know the gorgeous looking but really uncomfortable type with heels to die for. And I never seem to learn my lesson I always convince myself they'll be fine I'm only going to wear them when we go out. Then within a hour my feet are hurting and I regret wearing them. My husband calls them taxi shoes because I'm not walking in them. :lol:
Can we see a pic of a pair?

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A Litter Robot. In theory, a good thing; but in practice, not so much. We put up with it for 3 months, then finally gave up and shipped it back. Too many times it jammed so that the cats couldn't get in, with predictable results, and always in the middle of the night, or so it seemed.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I nearly forgot I got a pair of shoes with zips on them they were like flowers but metal zips. And decided to wear them when we was going abroad obviously I set off the metal detector and had to put my shoes through xray. That was embarrassing. It didn't even cross my mind that metal shoes would beep. :doh2:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I too have wasted money on various skin treatments. I used to get department store brands which I don't do anymore so I waste less. I have never had that really good skin. I know it is a matter of genes and it is what it is. I think a lot of the reviews, if they are legitimate, are kind of like the placebo effect. It is amazing what we can convince ourselves of.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I've bought winter coats/jackets that I regret buying. I try them on in the store but when I wear a hoodie or heavy sweater underneath them they're too tight. If I buy a larger size and I'm not wearing a heavier layer then they look too big. :dunno: I guess I just need to buy two coats in two different sizes, lol. :lol:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Clothes. I can't tell you how much money I've spent on clothes that I have never worn, not even once.
Shoes. Gorgeous pumps and heels that look so pretty, but not on my feet!
Hair products. Trying to have "that" hair. Instead I've hair that frizzes when the humidity goes up, even a tad. And nothing really works. My stylist told me one time that I'm never going to have "that" hair; it's just not made that way.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
A lot of shoes, especially in the last ten years. Comfortable in the store but not wearing them for even a few hours. Too much heel, not enough heel, too much arch support, not enough etc. I don’t think it’s my fault, I think my feet are just getting pickier as they get older.

I also had a moderately expensive android phone that I totally hated and quit using after a couple weeks. And oh geez, totally forgot about carpet! In my former house TWICE I had the place recarpeted and both times as they were laying it I knew I had made a big big mistake in color. Loathed each for years until the last one was finally worn enough to rip it out. Never had carpet again. Hardwood floors only.

Last edited:

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:flail:i can say that only happens to me while grocery shopping in the deli or pastry sections i think yummy that looks good get home try a bite only to be sad cause it doesnt taste good and then dump it into the trash.:lol: but no closet space was wasted.:lol:good thing though my gf has kept her promise to me about buying stuff. my closet is still my closet(my closet at my dads before we moved into our own place got taken over by her regret buys:lol:)

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The last ones I got I tried boots thought they'd be better but nope. I also got told wedges would be comfy but nope. My daughter normally ends up with the fancy strappy ones. Don't be fooled these look comfy but nopes. :lol:View attachment 394866View attachment 394867
Neither of them look comfy to me. I stopped wearing anything with heels a long time ago. They might look pretty, but I'd rather be comfortable.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was younger, I thought I could buy a new car in my own. I was so wrong. I lik d the “look” of the car. Was not prepared. I thought I would just be “looking “. I ended up buying it, right then and there. I was naive.

My family was so mad at me! It was a long time ago, before the 3 day, reconsideration clause— which is now law in my state.Both myself and my entire family tried to get out of it— to no avail.

I ended up hating that car from day one. Ended up with a lot of issues with it.

I learned my lesson. A big lesson to learn— humiliating, and very expensive.