QUESTION OF THE DAY, SEPTEMBER 1, 2021

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I can't believe it's September already! :rbheart: The temps. finally cooled down enough today to open the windows and let the house air out. Plus my electric bill will be less with the a/c turned off. Carleton is happy about it too since he loves to sit by the patio door and feel the cool breeze. :happycat: One thing I won't miss about summer is the yard work especially pulling weeds. We had a very hot and humid summer and working outdoors was not pleasant.

So for today's QUESTION OF THE DAY - WHAT IS ONE THING YOU WON'T MISS ABOUT SUMMER?
(Feel free to name more than one if you choose.)

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WHAT IS ONE THING YOU WON'T MISS ABOUT SUMMER?
Apart from a very hot week in May, we had no summer this year - lots of rain and a few warm sunny intervals. No summer dresses, shorts or sandals - the heating system wasn't turned off till July and we need it turned on again now. I definitely won't miss the flooding and hope it won't become a common occurrence. 😿

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It will still be summer here for a good 3 more months. :lol:

It starts to cool down in December. I look forward to having the AC off and being able to open a window or two. The girls will be able to spend more time out back in the screen room. I don't like for them to be out there when it's hot out and they HATE it when it rains if they are out there. Lilith's favorite chair is in the far corner and Sophie has a small table that she sits on nearby so they can sit and watch the world go by. The rain has not gotten the memo that it's not allowed to go through the screens when they are outside so if it starts raining, they both start hollering until I let them in. Does the yelling stop when they come in? No. Of course not. It's my fault for not cancelling the rain until they decide they want in again. :angrycat::dancingblackcat::dancingblackcat:

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
High humidity. I love it when it is 80-90 degrees with moderate humidity, but humidity affects my medical conditions and makes my legs swell even more than usual. Most of the summer, I feel as if my skin is about to split because it is too humid to wear my compression garments. Worse than that, the humidity affects my "good" leg more than my bad one.

The first part of the fall is not much better. I especially hate cold and humid days. Too humid for a sweater, too cold to be without. Yuck.