QUESTION OF THE DAY, Saturday the 8th of January, 2022

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
GOOD MORNING AND HAPPY SATURDAY!!!!!

Brrrr.....cold here in Ohio...minus 10F...2C!! :coldcat:☃❄🌨🏔:cold:

I used to ski but haven't since I wiped out going down a hill in Steamboat Springs CO, USA back in the day.
Soooo embarrassing.

Do you like cold weather sports? Warm weather sports?

I used to like tennis, baseball, basketball, soccer (football in other countries), horseback riding..I even
learned English style.

Do you like any sports?

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the cold weather, but I don't like sports :biggrin:
I wish I do, though.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As a kid, I played hockey on the frozen creek next to our house. I didn't have skates, and made my own stick, but still it was fun. That was the only winter sport of interest to me. In warmer weather, baseball, football, and swimming were the go-tos. My sports participitation days are over, though. Arthritis saw to that.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I like walking and horse riding in the snow, but I can't ski or snowboard. Mr Husband is really good at both. He used to work at a ski resort and now we live about 5 minutes drive from one, so he snowboards a couple of times a week all through the winter.

I really like yoga. It's not really a sport, but it's fun and can be quite challenging.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cold weather sports are fun! I love skating, and I've only been skiing a few times and it's probably been like 20 years, but I'd try it again.

For warmer weather sports, I enjoy attempting to play badminton or tennis, but my hand eye coordination isn't great. I'm not super into playing team sports overall, and am allergic to running. :p

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I don't like sports. Period. I went to enough football games (our son played in high school and college) to see me for the rest of my natural born days. I went to a professional hockey game....and fell asleep. To the point where I was snoring! People were laughing at me! Thank goodness there were no cell phones back then. I'd be all over the internet.

Give me a nice walk or hike and I'll be a happy girl. Winter or summer.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Our dad was very sports minded so he took us ice skating practically every weekend in winter and tennis in summer. I played tennis in college too. Both my sister and I favor long distance running. Unfortunately all that running really did a number on my feet and I pulled a hamstring more than once. I can still run but not long distance and usually speed walk instead. Exercise is in my blood so I go to a gym which is great since i don't have to worry about what the weather is like outside. 😉

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
No sports! I don't enjoy playing them and watching them is worse. :sleep: I was a runner in my 40s, I have a few marathons and lots of half marathons under my belt. Now I walk and hike. We've got lots of great places to hike around here.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I have skied, ice skated and been sledding, but living in the US south I did not get that many chances for winter sports. In school I was on the basketball team and soccer team. I played several racquet sports and played in tournaments from DC to Atlanta in my chosen racquet sport.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like dance, ice skating, and roller skating.
Yes to dance! I did a couple years of tap dance as an adult and loved it. Need to get back into it someday.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do I participate anymore?No,but I used to swim,ice skate,sled,and was quite active in school with field hockey and track.Never have been into any of the ball games.I use our treadmill quite a bit now,and am a devoted NASCAR fan.Actually I'm watching ice skating on tv right now.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was a tom boy growing up and played a lot of sports. We had an office softball team for a few years and that was the most fun I ever had. I used to watch the Washington Senators when I was a kid and then I switched over to the Washington Redskins. I don't watch any sports on TV except a little bit of the Redskins now.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Boxing, tae kwan do, rock climbing, relay racing, softball, swimming, tai chi…and silly antics to entice the kitten out of Zorro!