Question of the Day, Saturday, the 6th of August, 2022

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
english toffee,chips and queso dip,sloppy barely medium rare cheeseburgers,fried chicken,cakes with really thick frosting,and this delightful stuff I make we call southern crack (made with crackers or pretzels on the bottom ,homemade toffee over them and topped off with melted chocolate chips)....it is so very addictive!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
In the summer, ice cream. I could eat it every day. Soft serve is delicious but that old fashioned kind the ice cream place has where the worker has to scoop it out of the little display bin, and it looks like they're putting a Herculean effort into it, is almost nostalgic.
In the fall and winter, any comfort food! Mac and cheese, warm thick sliced bread with butter and jam or honey, homemade soup, etc. I can't wait to get my crock pot out once fall arrives and make my favorite crockpot chicken sandwiches (it's a staple of Ohio and is available at every church picnic in the state, LOL). I have one of those Gooseberry Patch cookbooks from the mid 90's that's nothing but comfort food recipes. I usually break it out once pumpkin spice season starts!

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, hello and Happy Saturday!

Name some of your fave naughty foods!! junk food!!

Buffalo chicken dip, fries with lots of salt and malt vinegar, Magnum ice cream bars, anything dripping in butter

What do you like?
You are making me hungry.

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
Diet pepsi, chololate, pizza lots of cheese and pepperoni, chocolate, cheese the sharpest cheddar I can find, ice cream, chocolate, chips and salsa, pretzels, chocolate, beer and did I mention chocolate? ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Lamingtons are small cube-shaped sponge cakes coated in a fortnof chocolate or strawberry sauce and grated coconut. Some have a layer of jam in the middle. They’ve been a thing in Australia since forever. :)
those sound wonderful!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
. I can't wait to get my crock pot out once fall arrives and make my favorite crockpot chicken sandwiches (it's a staple of Ohio and is available at every church picnic in the state, LOL).
I love them!! How do you make yours?

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
In the fall and winter, any comfort food! Mac and cheese, warm thick sliced bread with butter and jam or honey, homemade soup, etc. I can't wait to get my crock pot out once fall arrives and make my favorite crockpot chicken sandwiches (it's a staple of Ohio and is available at every church picnic in the state, LOL). I have one of those Gooseberry Patch cookbooks from the mid 90's that's nothing but comfort food recipes. I usually break it out once pumpkin spice season starts!
I always thought of soup as healthy!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I love them!! How do you make yours?
They are so easy! I just use canned chicken (I use a brand produced locally because they spice is SO perfectly), put the chicken in first. Then add a box of stove top, then add a can of cream of chicken soup. Put them in that order and do NOT stir. Leave it on low for 1 1/2-2 hours, then stir and you're ready go to! They store and reheat so easily. I've tried freezing, but the stuffing gets kind of funky.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I always thought of soup as healthy!
I make chicken noodle with veggies and homemade noodles, but I like it in a cream broth. I don't count calories. So I guess I shouldn't care but it makes it feel a little more sinful this way :D

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Deep-fried anything at all. I'm a Southern gal. I'd attempt a deep-fried brick. Two of them, if you gave me gravy! Oh, and Nestle's Turtle cookies. TO DIE FOR! They're the refrigerated dough that you bake yourself.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Deep-fried anything at all. I'm a Southern gal. I'd attempt a deep-fried brick. Two of them, if you gave me gravy! Oh, and Nestle's Turtle cookies. TO DIE FOR! They're the refrigerated dough that you bake yourself.
I made a casserole once that resembled a deep fried brick :p