Question of the Day Saturday, the 4th of September, 2021

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't go anywhere to use perfume anymore. I used to use Clinique Happy and Philosophy Amazing Grace. When I was younger I was a real perfume fanatic but then I met and became friends with someone who was very sensitive to scents. She would sometimes even have issues with breathing with certain scents. After that I became empathetic towards people with issues with scents. I cut way down on using them to include using them at work.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to be careful with what I wear or am around because of my allergies,so for me it's either Body Fantasies Vanilla or a patchouli blend of body spray that a beekeeper friend of ours made for me.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I had more money, I would have so many perfumes! I actually wear perfume pretty much every day, even though I do not leave my house very often. I can stay in my pajamas all day, not brush my hair, and still put on perfume. Unfortunately, my taste in perfume tends to lean towards the moderate to expensive side and the niche. I have a very sensitive nose and have been looking for the perfect perfume for each season for years. I have a few bottles and a lot of samples. I do tend to prefer spicy oriental scents, but I also like a good tea scent and some florals. I am not too big on strong vanilla scents because they seem too artificial to me, even in some of the more expensive brands. I do like a little vanilla or tonka in the background.

My current favorites are Malabah by Penhaligon, Alien Eau Extraordinaire by Thierry Munger, Tiara by House of Sillage, Witchmusk by House of Matriarch (toss up with Antinomy by the same house), Twilly D'Hermes by Hermes, Consort by Boadicea the Victorious, and Iceni by Boadicea the Victorious.

The three florals that I like but rarely wear are Fleur de Rocaille by Caron, Dragonfly by Zoologist, and Moon Shadow by Library of Flowers. Dragonfly is one that smells amazing on certain days but turns to garbage on others. I am not sure why.

I love several perfumes when they are in the bottle, but once they are on me they are disgusting. Funny thing is that if they smell awful on me, they smell good on my daughter. Her favorite is Lady Vengeance by Juliette Has a Gun. (I admit I bought that one because I love the movie "Lady Vengeance" and wanted the perfume!) I also got Willow and Water by Library of Flowers. It is lovely in the bottle and on my daughter, but it becomes gorgeous on my sister-in-law. She is 25 and has never had a bottle of perfume. When I found that out recently, I told her we will have to change that! Haha! Twilly D'Hermes smells better on my daughter-in-law than it does me, but it still smells good.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like Clinique Happy perfume. I got a full sized bottle for free some time ago and have barely used it. There's no where fancy I go to. Perfumes and scented lotions, etc aren't allowed at work.

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello and Happy first Saturday of September!! Wake me up when it ends, hee, hee

What is your fave perfume? If you don't like it, what is your fave scent? Baking bread, etc? You can have several

My fave perfume is Peony Blush and Suede, it's heavenly. I love Tommy Girl as well and Nicole's vegetable soup.

What about you?
I don't have a favorite perfume but I LOVE the scent of fresh citrus. Bakery smells I like when they are authentic, florals give me headaches, and patchouli makes me gag. Interestingly, I never liked the smell of coconut until I had my first baby. Now it's up there in my top 5 favorite scents.

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i like haiku by avon , night magic evening musk by avon and my favorite smells are dragonsblood , fresh roses and nag champa incense
Oh I loved Haiku in college!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I used to love Body Shop's White Musk, but I stopped shopping at Body Shop after L'Oreal bought them out because they weren't cruelty free any more.

I like Kniepp scented body lotions and hand creams. They do a vanilla based one called Everything Will Be Fine that's really nice.

I like the smell of Japanese pepper trees too. They grow wild around here and make the forest smell amazing.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I don't use perfume except for what I make myself from essential oils..currently sandalwood, bergamot and rose geranium.
Favourite scents.. jasmine in flower, the rainforest.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
My DIL got me a perfume many years ago for Christmas. It was a green tea/spicy scent and I loved it. So many scents are floral and it was nice for a change of pace. Sadly, I used it all and can't find it anywhere.

I like something with a vanilla base sometimes.

Now, all that being said, I really like Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea. My SIL wore it one time when she was here. I gave her a hug and immediately asked her what it was. And then I said to Rick, "C'mere! Smell her!" :) I guess it was a little embarrassing for them, but they also know me and know what I'm like. And now I use Green Tea.