Question of the Day, Saturday the 31st of July, 2021

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and Happy Saturday!!

This is one of my don't-worry-about-funds questions

If you had the chance to do one of these which would you choose?

1) Go on Elon Musk's space ride
2) Climb to the summit of Everest
3) Live on a beautiful island for a year, kitties can come along

You would be fully trained for the first 2

Which would you choose?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I didn't really know much about Elon Musk, but just yesterday, learned how his company is sending thousands of satellites into orbit, which are ruining the night sky for astronomers. So don't think I want to be any part of that, plus I'd probably get serious motion sickness. Here's the link I saw, if anyone wants to check it out. This is why astronomers are warning about losing the night sky

Also a "no" for Everest. Too cold, for starters. :cold:

But the island sounds purr-fect.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
1) No, if I was in a confined space with Elon Musk I'd probably slap him. :crackup:
2) No, it looks horrible. I've climbed some lower mountains before and that was enough.
3) Yes! That sounds very nice.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Why does everyone dislike Elon? I'll have to read more about him.hmmmmm

Read a bit about him. Interesting childhood.
EDIT:
Maybe brain damage from this occurrence?
Source
Wikipedia
Around age 10, Musk developed an interest in computing and video games and acquired a Commodore VIC-20.[16][17] He learned computer programming using a manual and, by age 12, sold the code of a BASIC-based video game he created called Blastar to PC and Office Technology magazine for approximately $500.[18][19] An awkward and introverted child,[20] Musk was bullied throughout his childhood and was once hospitalized after a group of boys threw him down a flight of stairs.[14][21] He attended Waterkloof House Preparatory School and Bryanston High School before graduating from Pretoria Boys High School.[22]

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Part of me would like to try to climb Mt. Everest but the thought of living on a beautiful island with Carleton for a year far outweighs any mountain climbing attempts. :catlove: I wouldn't want to go on a space ride with anyone let alone Elon Musk. 😉

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Elon Musk has perhaps the 3rd most punchable face in the world, lol. Smug little twit. He has said he's on the spectrum, too, but that also doesn't excuse his punchableness. He's very close to being a cheesy movie type supervillain. But anyway, I wouldn't go on a space flight with anyone at any time. I'm claustrophobic; it sounds horrible.

I also have no desire to go mountain climbing anywhere. I'm sure the view is breathtaking (weather permitting) and the accomplishment is impressive, but no way am I risking my life for that kind of thing.

So really #3 is the only viable choice for me, but I'd choose it anyway. That sounds amazing.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
While I would love to go into space, not with Musk.
While I would love to see the world from the top of Everest, I'd probably fall and kill myself on the trek up the mountain.

Looks like the girls and Rick and I are headed for that tropical island! You didn't mention SOs, but I'm not going anywhere without Dear Richard.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Of the three it would be an island. I actually prefer the mountains to an island but not Mt. Everest, that is way out of my league.